The Student Room Group

feeling super guilty

I volunteered to help with GCSE maths today because i have to do 30 hours of volunteer for Welsh bacc grade...
there was a question on compound interest and i wasnt sure on it, but i didnt ask the teacher either. so i taught the girl how to do it, and only now have i realised it's wrong and i dont know if i can sleep
Let her know about it ASAP, both for your sake and for hers
You're going to hell now.
Reply 3
Original post by Rhaenys10
Let her know about it ASAP, both for your sake and for hers

the next session is tuesday, i am crying inside, i am panicking. i am shameful, i am sad. i am a disappointment. hopefully she hasnt asked her teacher about it yet, cos then i'll have time to make it right without looking like a dumbnut to my teacher
:rofl: OR you could let the girl fail :colone:
Don't worry I can understand why you would be overthinking im the same. Just be happy that the exams aren't close by and if she does revision/ homework hopefully she will realize that you were wrong, or if she looks up the answer in the back of the book :wink:.
Don't you know her name? Can't you find her on Facebook or sth like that? There's got to be something you can do.
Did you misunderstand the question? If so that's not a hard thing to say, just say I'm sorry I misunderstood the question it's actually talking about blah blah blah and in this situation you answer like this way, only answer the other way I showed you when it's normal interest
Reply 8
you horrible disgusting vile piece of trash - how dare you be human?! :angry:

:lol: for real don't stress about it. I had an A level physics teacher that taught me multiple things wrong and was so convinced he was right to the point where I actually started to believe him, asked someone else about it and that's that. The world didn't end, he didn't run off to France and I understood the question.

Don't worry about it, just wait until Tuesday and explain it to her, though she prob would've figured it out by then - you can still apologise
it's fine, to err is human, don't kill yourself
Reply 9
I'm like you and get quite anxious and work myself up about stuff but, as an outsider seriously try to take your mind off it. You offered her help and you tried your best. You didn't tell her the wrong answer vindictively and the worst case scenario is that she answers a homework question wrong, the teacher corrects her and then she understands how to answer the question properly! She could have accessed a lot of incorrect information online anyway, it just so happened that you may have been wrong at that point in time. I would read a book or watch a show or something to calm yourself, safe in the knowledge that, when you see her next week, you can go straight to her with the correct explanation. No biggie :smile:
Original post by z33
you horrible disgusting vile piece of trash - how dare you be human?! :angry:

:lol: for real don't stress about it. I had an A level physics teacher that taught me multiple things wrong and was so convinced he was right to the point where I actually started to believe him, asked someone else about it and that's that. The world didn't end, he didn't run off to France and I understood the question.

Don't worry about it, just wait until Tuesday and explain it to her, though she prob would've figured it out by then - you can still apologise
it's fine, to err is human, don't kill yourself

ive decided to take myself to her teacher tomorrow morning and tell her i ''misunderstood'' the question and ask if she can go over it with the girl. god i was just starting to feel nice about myself recently
Reply 11
that's a very responsible thing to do, and should make you feel even nicer about yourself :smile:
You have sinned. You will be punished by the angels of Death in hell.

Goodluck my friend. It was nice knowing you.
Original post by SuperHuman98
Don't worry I can understand why you would be overthinking im the same. Just be happy that the exams aren't close by and if she does revision/ homework hopefully she will realize that you were wrong, or if she looks up the answer in the back of the book :wink:.

we do november exams here :cry:

Quick Reply