The Student Room Group

Reference, how long wait ????

Hi

So my application was approved by my head teacher yesterday, so now i am just waiting for my form tutor, who is also a music teacher to write my reference, and then attach it to my application so that it can finally be sent off. I know she ks writing references for me and 9 other students. I know she has started writing my reference, by wriing it on word.

As i am waiting for my form tutor to write my reference so that it can finally be sent off, so i can finally get some offers.

My question is, how long can i expect my form tutor to write my application, which i sent to ny sixth form last Thursday. How long approximately will it take my form tutor to write my reference, how long will it take probably for her to write my reference.
Reply 1
Just depends how dedicated she is, I don't think form tutors do much in terms of references other than saying things your teachers might've missed but I'd say just a day or two if she's started it already.
Reply 2
Original post by JN17
Just depends how dedicated she is, I don't think form tutors do much in terms of references other than saying things your teachers might've missed but I'd say just a day or two if she's started it already.

Oh. I thought that it was form teachers who wrote the reference. I have told my form tutor any extra activities. She says she has started it, by writing in word document. A day or two - really, that would be amazing, if it was done so quick.
Will the reference really be written so soon.
Original post by SabithaK
Oh. I thought that it was form teachers who wrote the reference. I have told my form tutor any extra activities. She says she has started it, by writing in word document. A day or two - really, that would be amazing, if it was done so quick.
Will the reference really be written so soon.

No one can answer this. It totally varies depending on when she gets round to it.
Reply 4
Oh okay. Hope my form tutor writes my reference soon so it can finally be sent off.

How long does it normally or usually take for form tutor/ referees to write references for those applying through the school.
Reply 5
It took my form tutor about 5 days, but I gave him two weeks advance notice that I needed it doing before then. It just depends, my form tutor has to do 13 but he only had mine and one other persons to write and it took him ages as he had never done one before, but it seems he is just disorganised. My head of sixth form is writing one for someone I know and they started today and they say it will be done tomorrow so it really varies.
Reply 6
Oh okay. Hope my form tutor writes my reference soon so it can finally be sent off.

How long does it normally or usually take for form tutor/ referees to write references for those applying through the school.

For us, the subject teachers wrote their references and sent them to the form tutor who then put it into one complete reference including the individual subject references, as well as adding extracurricular that you may have mentioned to them etc, its more of a finishing touch sort of thing rather than writing it.
Reply 7
Oh wow. Im not exactly sure, but i know my form tutor is writing my reference, for me and 9 other students.

Its been 5 days since i sent it, though i did email her yesterday with any extra activities i have done, and reminded her that all im waiting for is the reference. As i was the first person in the ten students my form tutor will have to write the reference of. Since i was the first, hope my reference will be written furst. Hope it is written soon.
Reply 8
Oh wow. Im not exactly sure, but i know my form tutor is writing my reference, for me and 9 other students.

Its been 5 days since i sent it, though i did email her yesterday with any extra activities i have done, and reminded her that all im waiting for is the reference. As i was the first person in the ten students my form tutor will have to write the reference of. Since i was the first, hope my reference will be written furst. Hope it is written soon.

It makes no difference to your application if you get it back tomorrow, next week or next month. Teachers are busy people, and I'm sure she will want to give it due care and attention.

There's no need to panic, or, worse, rush her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply