The Student Room Group

Weird things your parents do

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 0to100
I love her to bits but

Me mum got in a fight at Tescos recently because she said someone cut her off while queuing :nothing: Now she's got a scar on her face...

She also walks around bra-less and topless which isn't great for many obvious reasons, one main one being she's 20 stone O___O

She chit chats/flirts on the phone with call centre workers, delivery...

like I swear one person called from India methinks and she started asking them questions about the place and what kinda food they eat, and the weather and ****.

She also called to ask why her Android wasn't working and it all was because she didn't hold the button down long enough. Bless her soul.

Pls tell me your mum does this too :cry2: lol

Awww our mum's are kinda similar!! Well my mum does literally everything you said up above......umm apart from the 20 stone bit....my mum is like the same size as me....and um the scar your mum got on her face is probably what my mum does to others lol!! We're almost afloat in the same boat.... :colondollar:
Original post by z33
my mum asked tesco's manager why the bras and panties were right at the front of the store, and to move them to the back

I had to pretend I didn't know her :lol:

I think she's a hero for women's rights.

Lol kidding.
- lights incense and puts them around the house to "keep djinns out" (i choke on the smell whenever this happens)
- has hung certain verses of the quran on like every door of the house to "keep djinns out"
- sprays the house with holy water on the regular to "keep djinns out"
- doesn't let us leave any cup/bowl uncovered incase djinns voodoo our food or drink.

those are the main ones, lovingly offered by my mum.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by saraxh
My dad always does this to annoy me
[video="youtube;JXXsYA7Sgdc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXXsYA7Sgdc[/video]

Nah m8 not 9min. But paper poppers sure, typical dad teasing teenage daughter kinda ****ery.
Original post by Naf_A
Awww our mum's are kinda similar!! Well my mum does literally everything you said up above......umm apart from the 20 stone bit....my mum is like the same size as me....and um the scar your mum got on her face is probably what my mum does to others lol!! We're almost afloat in the same boat.... :colondollar:

It was a rrrrreally bad fight mate, according to what I heard happened to the woman. Well she apparently went to Tesco to get treats and stuff and said this "gorilla woman" stood in front of her and pushed her so they started scrapping :rofl: I think me mum is either banned or embarrassed so now we have to go for her all the time :bigsmile:
Reply 25
Original post by alkaline.
- lights incense and puts them around the house to "keep djinns out" (i choke on the smell whenever this happens)
- has hung certain verses of the quran on like every door of the house to "keep djinns out"
- doesn't let us leave any cup/bowl uncovered incase djinns voodoo our food or drink.

you should tell her you are the djinn
tho she'd probably smack you with the quran and salt

has she had a bad experience with them?

my mum does similar things but it's to get rid of jinx and whatever
Whenever I'm going out with my pals my dad will fire me with questions asking their names, where they live, shoe sizes and everything lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by 0to100
It was a rrrrreally bad fight mate, according to what I heard happened to the woman. Well she apparently went to Tesco to get treats and stuff and said this "gorilla woman" stood in front of her and pushed her so they started scrapping :rofl: I think me mum is either banned or embarrassed so now we have to go for her all the time :bigsmile:

Ohhh nooo...I hope she is okay...I've never actually heard of a supermarket of actually having a banned list.....she might be embarrassed....it was the same with my mum at the local Waitrose....it took her a few weeks....
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
#Relatable :biggrin:
My mum also talks to my old toys.
My mum and dad have a farting competition. (Weird as f***) How is that even relationship goals like no, ew,
Um, weird things, she talks the most amount of sh** in the world which disrupts me from my work.
She makes me step on her legs. (Weird, ngl when she's being mean to me, sometimes I take advantage)
She makes me ask dumb questions to people. Scenario: We were in house of fraser in town and I seen this really nice dress right, and my mum asked me how much is it and I looked on the tag and it was like £180 and I told my mum and she was like ask the customer assistant, and I was like why because I've already told you? My mum shouted at me and said they might have a sale on. What a dumb sh**. :laugh:
She wacks her crutch in my arse when we are in morrisons.
She will leave the bathroom door open when she goes to the loo. (EW I KNO)
When she's ironing the clothes upstairs, she will tell me to go from downstairs, while I'm doing my work, to fill up a bottle of water from the bathroom, when she's only two steps away from the bathroom.
She wears my dad's tops around the house... LOL
She gives my dad 'storytime' about her periods. Weird as f*** :lol:
& ALOT of other dumb things.

BTW, @0to100, some stuff for you to laugh at up there ^ and please clear your pms :biggrin:

Yessss m8 my mum made me do that all the time when I was younger till I straight up told her I'm not doing your dirty (or embarrassing) work anymore lol

Leaving the door open on the toilet :rofl: nah mate what pisses me off is me mum would get done having a poo and keep the door shut...so when I walk in a big smoke bomb of poo fumes knocks me out X_____X

AH yea my mum used to do that to me, she stil does that to everyone else, she takes pride in making them answer the fone when it's right next to her like, I proper hate that
Original post by 0to100
After reading this list, yea... was just about to ask if that's what they do...no offense >:P

And idk which one is more hilarious/humiliating. :rofl:

They do and i have grown to accept it, but now i have become to notice a few of these weird traits in myself...I CANNOT ESCAPE!
Original post by Naf_A
Ohhh nooo...I hope she is okay...I've never actually heard of a supermarket of actually having a banned list.....she might be embarrassed....it was the same with my mum at the local Waitrose....it took her a few weeks....

dfinitely embarrassed because another embarrassing thing she does is argue with pretty much everyone lol I constantly have to take her back like stick up for her or tell her to stop or just take over the situation in a different way than her. Or scold her when she comes home telling me about a stupid argument she got into at the shops like she called one of the checkout girls "nasty." She said, "you're a nasty individual," to the girl....now she never wants go back she travels further out for the next shop each time :nah: lol I constantly look at her like "nah sorry that's not funny."

Anyways though lol
Reply 31
Original post by 0to100
dfinitely embarrassed because another embarrassing thing she does is argue with pretty much everyone lol I constantly have to take her back like stick up for her or tell her to stop or just take over the situation in a different way than her. Or scold her when she comes home telling me about a stupid argument she got into at the shops like she called one of the checkout girls "nasty." She said, "you're a nasty individual," to the girl....now she never wants go back she travels further out for the next shop each time :nah: lol I constantly look at her like "nah sorry that's not funny."

Anyways though lol

Yeah I get what you mean...so glad that the Parents Evening days are over................lool there was a time where teachers were only nice and kind to me coz they were scared of my mum......LOOOL :biggrin:
Original post by 0to100
(holds you and screams) :bawling:

lol

Clear PM tho
Original post by RossB1702
Whenever I'm going out with my pals my dad will fire me with questions asking their names, where they live, shoe sizes and everything lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lool she did when I was younger and it annoyed me so much I stopped introducing my mates to her and just snuck out.

Now I hate when my mum cockblocks me...with like embarrassing overshares about me midconvo.

Like one time I was chatting to a girl I have over or in front of the gate and then she interrupts like, "did you see your boxers in the wash? You're gonna have to scrub those by hand, I couldn't get the stain out."

Idk why she does it :toofunny: and when we're walking together (which now these days is rare because of how she is :colondollar:) she would comment on ugly girls and say she doesn't want me seeing someone like that.
Original post by 0to100
Yessss m8 my mum made me do that all the time when I was younger till I straight up told her I'm not doing your dirty (or embarrassing) work anymore lol

Leaving the door open on the toilet :rofl: nah mate what pisses me off is me mum would get done having a poo and keep the door shut...so when I walk in a big smoke bomb of poo fumes knocks me out X_____X

AH yea my mum used to do that to me, she stil does that to everyone else, she takes pride in making them answer the fone when it's right next to her like, I proper hate that

lol, it's so sh**, ikr her stink kills me, just hold my nose and run past or slam the door shut. :s-smilie: Init, like I have to pick the phone up in 2 seconds flat otherwise I'm dead so I legit Usain Bolt run to the phone. lol
How's your day? x
Original post by 0to100
lool she did when I was younger and it annoyed me so much I stopped introducing my mates to her and just snuck out.

Now I hate when my mum cockblocks me...with like embarrassing overshares about me midconvo.

Like one time I was chatting to a girl I have over or in front of the gate and then she interrupts like, "did you see your boxers in the wash? You're gonna have to scrub those by hand, I couldn't get the stain out."

Idk why she does it :toofunny: and when we're walking together (which now these days is rare because of how she is :colondollar:) she would comment on ugly girls and say she doesn't want me seeing someone like that.

Lmao man that sounds brutal.
lol, it's so sh**, ikr her stink kills me, just hold my nose and run past or slam the door shut. :s-smilie: Init, like I have to pick the phone up in 2 seconds flat otherwise I'm dead so I legit Usain Bolt run to the phone. lol
How's your day? x

:rofl:

Anyway it was good but I'm knackered as squirrel in winter. Did a lot of running around today, picking the youngers up, lectures, shopping :cool: walking all around this ****ing town basically lol but it's good to be active.
Original post by 0to100
:rofl:

Anyway it was good but I'm knackered as squirrel in winter. Did a lot of running around today, picking the youngers up, lectures, shopping :cool: walking all around this ****ing town basically lol but it's good to be active.

It's true lol. :biggrin:
Awhhh lol, sad times x Being a responsible adult then eh. Always good to be acitve. Mine was good, embarrasing and sad lol. :redface:
Original post by alkaline.

wtf is a jdinn
It's true lol. :biggrin:
Awhhh lol, sad times x Being a responsible adult then eh. Always good to be acitve. Mine was good, embarrasing and sad lol. :redface:

pray tell in PM..

Quick Reply

Latest