The Student Room Group

sciences???

do i have to do triple science to get into a level science or pharmacy.
Original post by adamhussain992
do i have to do triple science to get into a level science or pharmacy.

No you can do the double award and do science A-Levels from there. No you don't need triple science to do Pharmacy.
Original post by SM6
No you can do the double award and do science A-Levels from there. No you don't need triple science to do Pharmacy.

thanks for your reply.so does it not make a difference if i do triple or double to me doing a science a level?
thanks for your reply.so does it not make a difference if i do triple or double to me doing a science a level?

No. You have to be doing Higher Tier on double science.
Original post by SM6
No. You have to be doing Higher Tier on double science.

yes i am doing higher.so would i find it easy to be able to get into science a level at a good 6 form?
yes i am doing higher.so would i find it easy to be able to get into science a level at a good 6 form?

If you get B or above in Core and Additional then yes you can do A-Level sciences. It depends on the rest of your grades if you go to a good sixth form or not.
Original post by sm6
if you get b or above in core and additional then yes you can do a-level sciences. It depends on the rest of your grades if you go to a good sixth form or not.

thankyou very much you were very helpfull
thankyou very much you were very helpfull

Your welcome. :smile:
Reply 8
Can you get 2 different grades for dual award? Because in core I got B (1 point of an A) and I want to get an A* in additional science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Waqar_
Can you get 2 different grades for dual award? Because in core I got B (1 point of an A) and I want to get an A* in additional science

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes they are seperate exams.
Reply 10
Okay, thank you. I was only curious as people said at the end of the year you would have grades AA or BB etc and I was wondering if it could be BA*
Triple just means you cover some material you wouldn't cover until you did A-Level. If you love science I'd recommend Triple! It also helped for A-Level as I'd covered some of the material already. I really enjoyed doing Triple as I love science. It all depends on what else you'd like to do for GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest