The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roxxstar
I've applied to ICL, Warwick, Bath, KCL and UCL for biomedical science on Friday and have only gotten acknowledgements from Bath, Warwick and KCL

Oh no, this means the world is coming to an end.
Reply 1861
Got an offer for Maths at Warwick :smile:
Original post by Moogle679
Ah you're so lucky I really hope I get an offer from Bath too! I submitted mine to my college last week and they were supposed to send it off today but never did :frown: I'm just praying they send it off before half term as no one will be in during that week

Definitely pester the teacher if you have to! I had to wait 2 weeks before mine was officially sent off due to teacher and computer issues, but hopefully you get to have it sent off soon and the offers start rolling in? Are you doing the MMath degree?
Original post by Tau
Got an offer for Maths at Warwick :smile:

Just about 8 pm??
Original post by jamestg
Glad to see someone in the same position!

Good luck to you too! And I probably will :smile:

Where else have you applied?

I have applied to Oxford, Bristol and Exeter also. Not had any offers yet, I applied last Wednesday and am anxious to get one.
Reply 1865
Original post by cogito.
Just about 8 pm??

No it came through earlier but have been too busy to be on TSR today. It came quite late though, around 6.
Original post by Ferrari fan
I have applied to Oxford, Bristol and Exeter also. Not had any offers yet, I applied last Wednesday and am anxious to get one.

Nice! I also applied on Wednesday so it will be interesting to see whether we get offers at the same time!
I received an offer from Bristol University to today to study Chemistry with an industrial placement, I applied on Friday!
Reply 1868
Original post by Bean sprout
Good luck to your friend. Out of interest what were his grades like?

Predictions are something like A*A*A and he had full marks in econ last year. Tough competition 😉
One of my teachers told me youre more likely to get offers at lunch or after 6pm- pretty hard to remember admissions tutors have a life too tbh :frown:
Original post by Kingal001
Got an offer for Economics and Politics from Bath on Monday if that helps.

When did you apply and what were your AS grades?

And that's surprising, I always thought it took longer for joint honours because it has to go through two departments (usually).
I'm guessing nobody is applying for a Maths course this year?
A in geog is only grade so far. predicted 2A*1A

Congrats!! When did you apply?
Oh sorry. Applied on 10th of this month I think.

Oooh okay! I applied on the 12th so I'll keep an eye out!

Congrats on your offer again!!!
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
I'm guessing nobody is applying for a Maths course this year?

Mahs at Oxford, Lancaster Durham St andrews and bristol for me, im guessing your a maths lad too?
You can put Loughborough down, they just offered me a place at 21:05h
I got my first offer today, unconditional from Birmingham if I put it as my firm or AAB. I don't think I'll be taking this offer if I get any elsewhere though lol.
Original post by joodaa
Mahs at Oxford, Lancaster Durham St andrews and bristol for me, im guessing your a maths lad too?
Finally! And yes I'm a maths lad as well. Amazing choices by the way. Due to my mediocre AS performance, I'm applying to Manchester, Nottingham, UCL (optimistic choices), KCL and Surrey. What were your AS grades and courses?
Original post by sdpjohnson
That's what I thought but so far it hasn't worked out that way lmao. Last year when I applied I received all my offers within 3 weeks and now I'm three weeks since applying and have only received one offer!!! I'm hoping it's just because I've applied a little earlier in the cycle this year waaa! Where/what have you applied to?

I know I'm dying to know!! And I know I have a long way to go since it hasn't even been a week! I applied for Management / Business Management at St Andrews, Edinburgh, Bath and KCL! :biggrin:
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Finally! And yes I'm a maths lad as well. Amazing choices by the way. Due to my mediocre AS performance, I'm applying to Manchester, Nottingham, UCL (optimistic choices), KCL and Surrey. What were your AS grades and courses?

Ooo nice choices for you too your AS must have been quite good for those uni's :smile: , In my school we do AS and A level maths in year 1 and further maths in year 2 so I got A* in maths and AB in economics and spanish and I'm going for straight maths at all my choices
But no offers for me so far have you got any?
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending