The Student Room Group

what does a 4 on the sides, scissor cut on top look like?

i usually just get a scissor cut all over but is there difference
A bit longer than mine :tongue:
But yeah it's relatively short, not too short though.
Original post by FireFreezer77
A bit longer than mine :tongue:
But yeah it's relatively short, not too short though.

i kind of just want a tidy up as my hair usually gets quite thick do you reckon a scissor cut with style would be best way to go or is a 4 not that short
Original post by liverpool2044
i kind of just want a tidy up as my hair usually gets quite thick do you reckon a scissor cut with style would be best way to go or is a 4 not that short

Yeah I know what you mean there, I do the same.
Well I have a 3 on the back and sides with scissors on top and it's a good length!
Short but not too short.
My hair also gets thick.
But try a 4 first and see if it's too long. You can always go shorter next time!
I used to get that cut as a way to try have short hair without having to go all out. Now I get it even shorter and i much prefer it. Just ask for 4 back and sides, tapered in at the back, and thinned right out on top. You wont regret it!
Reply 5
Lol I got exactly that last time I cut my hair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ok cheers guys much appreciated
Original post by Pulse.
Lol I got exactly that last time I cut my hair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how was it would you have it again
i get a 2 on the sides, trust me its better cos a 4 doesnt even look fresh at all
I agree with the guy above. 4 really isn't that short and will grow back before you know it. I get 2 on the sides and scissored on top; very easy to look after and lasts longer than a 4.
I have the sort of hair that looks awful long. So have to have 1 on the sides.
i might ask for a 3 and then see how it looks and tell the barber, what is a scissor cut on the sides usually like in comparison to a number? just need something to go off
Reply 12
Original post by liverpool2044
how was it would you have it again

I definitely would. It's nothing special really but I needed to cut my hair and wanted a shorter more tidy version of what I had. If that makes any sense at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest