The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Did my tests today. Now im terrified that I have to wait so long! Seems as though a lot of people are getting through, though. How did everyone find the tests? Because I found them VERY hard.

Anyway, just for some peace of mind: if I am rejected, will I be notified? Or do they just not send you an e-mail telling you that you passed the first stage?
I emailed and they responded

They are marking the results incrementally so it is possible some may have heard already. However you should receive the outcome by the end of this week at the latest.

Clearly they're working backwards as I did mine 3 weeks ago
Reply 322
I've been busy today so haven't had time to check my emails... just discovered I'm through to the e-tray! :eek:

Original post by toblerone325
Did my tests today. Now im terrified that I have to wait so long! Seems as though a lot of people are getting through, though. How did everyone find the tests? Because I found them VERY hard.

I think most people found them difficult, I know I did. You probably won't have as long to wait. I think initially they were waiting for more people to do the test to issue a pass mark. But I could be wrong
Has anyone taken the e-tray exercises yet? From the website, it appears that the format has changed from last year. Would be interested in hearing people's thoughts once they do it.
Reply 324
Did my test last Tuesday and Wednesday respectively . Just got an email today ,saying I can progress to the E- Tray. I guess most people are getting their emails back today. Has anyone attempted the E- Tray or Video ?
Annoyed I didn't put down the Digital stream as my 4th choice. Any one have any idea whether I can add another choice post application?
I may be wrong but I'm pretty certain that once the application is in, that's it. I would try to call them tomorrow morning though! Worth a try.
I never said but I sat my tests on 5 October and heard today. My brain is fried today so I won't be doing the eTray this evening lol
Reply 328
Did my test around 4-5th October and still haven't heard back. Feeling a little nervous
Original post by Kirssst
Did my test around 4-5th October and still haven't heard back. Feeling a little nervous

Mine came through at 16.24. It could just be they ran out of time before end of play.
I also got the email today to go on to the eTray. Woohoo!
When did you do the tests?
Original post by zakiah nasir
Decided to do the tests today. Did anyone else find the behaviour one tricky? I found that i didn't want to put least "least like me" and "disagree" for a lot of them. Will update you guys if and when i unlock the E tray.

I found the same thing. But the comments at the start were you shoud have one of the disagree options ideally so i found myself picking slightly disagree on most and tried to remain consistent. Obviously did the trick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toblerone325

Anyway, just for some peace of mind: if I am rejected, will I be notified? Or do they just not send you an e-mail telling you that you passed the first stage?

No, I also found it pretty challenging. I guess the key is to be consistent with your answers and hope for the best lol. But no one has said they've been rejected yet so I feel like they're pushing everyone through.

And I believe the FS will tell you if you've been successful or not.
Can someone help me out?

I did the situational judgement test and found out pretty quickly but I can't find the behavioural judgement test anywhere
Original post by Caravan_Palace
No, I also found it pretty challenging. I guess the key is to be consistent with your answers and hope for the best lol. But no one has said they've been rejected yet so I feel like they're pushing everyone through.

And I believe the FS will tell you if you've been successful or not.

FS?
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Can someone help me out?

I did the situational judgement test and found out pretty quickly but I can't find the behavioural judgement test anywhere

Are you internal?
Original post by JoJoBonetto
Are you internal?

No. I have a disability though.

Original post by gingerwizard
FS?

Fast stream
:eek::confused::confused: wait .... do you have to do a test to work in the civil service???
Original post by chickenonsteroids
No. I have a disability though.

Fast stream

I was never asked to sit the second one. I have reasonable adjustments and this year I am applying internally. I assumed it was an internal thing but guessing it's the former.

Quick Reply