The Student Room Group

Is it normal not to be able to sleep hugging your girlfriend?

My BF says he can't sleep hugging me because it's uncomfortable for him as he gets too turned on so has to sleep the other way :s idk whether I should be flattered or offended by this
Reply 1
i don't think that you should look too deeply at this cause it is uncomfortable to have your hands under someone while you are trying to sleep-it means that you can't move freely when you are sleeping. So, i don't think that you should worry abut it or be offended but flattered because at least he is actually telling you what's going on/why he does not spoon you (i think that's what its called) whilst your asleep. I think that you should try doing that to him yourself them you can get it.
I have to agree with your boyfriend on this one. When I sleep with my girlfriend (on few occasions as we both live with our parents still), it is very awkward to find a comfy position (especially if your girlfriend has long hair) and then idk about yourself but my girlfriend usually wears a nighty and so it can make me turned on which once again makes the whole position situation worse as it's usually uncomfortable.

What me and my girlfriend do is hug etc then at a reasonable time say goodnight and role over/get comfy ourselves...that way you have the best of both worlds!
you should be flattered.
Reply 4
Not had a girlfriend but I feel the same when I'm sleeping with someone

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol children boys
Reply 6
Original post by Little Popcorns
lol children boys

??

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's normal. At least, I'm a girl and don't find it easy to sleep while cuddled up with a guy. In the same bed yes but numb limbs and inability to move is uncomfortable. Plus how hot it can get can be a bit much sometimes.
Reply 8
lol
This is such a stupid post just go the **** to sleep and don't think about such menial things.
we get aroused too when we try to sleep next to our partners that we love/fancy we just don't have a measuring stick to evidence it. Let her spoon you if you're worried about pocking her :tongue: having said all that I have to be extra extra comfortable with someone to fall asleep cuddling or in the same bed as someone irrespective of whether I find them 'arousing' or not
Reply 11
I hate my boyfriend touching any part of me when trying to sleep - it is so uncomfortable and I like to be able to move freely
Are you particularly sweaty or something? Is it that?

Only kidding - it's perfectly normal not to want to go to sleep clutching a hot human being! Don't take it personally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending