The Student Room Group

Whats everyones revision plans for half term?

Scroll to see replies

Touch on C2 and S1 and go to the library everyday to revise for a few hours.
Original post by alevelssuck_
I've been to visit one university which was Bristol as I thought of applying there and after my trip I decided it wasn't the right place for me. Once I start getting my offers I will go to the top 3 unis I would like to go to before making my firm and insurance choice. I wouldn't say you have to rush with open days but they are quite a good experience because you get to attend taster lectures which can give you some sort of idea whether you will be able to survive that course for 3 or even 4 years.

Volunteering is a bunch of bull in all honesty unless you want to be a nurse which you don't sooo its best if you get a work placement instead lol
Oh, right, yh that sounds good :smile:

And well if I go to lectures now, it's highly likely that I'll say I won't be able to survive given that it's hard for me to cope with A levels, no? :P

Really? Why do you say that? Won't the unis think that he did it coz he enjoyed it instead of for the money? :P
Original post by citibankrec
Econ with a U in maths? GL

Take this L

Funny how I got an A in econ. Don't need to take the L xxxx
Original post by hamza772000
Oh, right, yh that sounds good :smile:

And well if I go to lectures now, it's highly likely that I'll say I won't be able to survive given that it's hard for me to cope with A levels, no? :P

Really? Why do you say that? Won't the unis think that he did it coz he enjoyed it instead of for the money? :P

Well if yourvolunteering experience will be useful for your PS then that's fair enough but I know so many people who done volunteering and it added no value to their personal statement. So just make sure not to waste your time.
Funny how I got an A in econ. Don't need to take the L xxxx

Just take it when you fail your degree
Well if yourvolunteering experience will be useful for your PS then that's fair enough but I know so many people who done volunteering and it added no value to their personal statement. So just make sure not to waste your time.
What's the difference between volunteering and Work placement?

Yeah, I'll find out :smile:
Just take it when you fail your degree

Won't be failing that either☺️
My plan is to catch up on everything that I missed as I started A levels late. :smile:
Won't be failing that either☺️

So when everyone has Maths and FM... + STEP

GL in the the difficult quantitative modules.
[QUOTE="Datalwo;68106076"]My plan is to catch up on everything that I missed as I started A levels late. :smile:[/QUOTE

Good luck to you❤️
HEY OP! I failed too! But I'm redoing year 12 again instead of year 13. I was very naive last year about revision, work and the difficulty in A levels in general. I am en route to get three A's this year so I am smashing out papers like no tomorrow. :P

Economics requires quite a bit of maths at degree level, make sure you brush up lol!
So when everyone has Maths and FM... + STEP

GL in the the difficult quantitative modules.

Stop being a ****ing hater.
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Stop being a ****ing hater.

I thought Maths was compulsory for an Economics degree :dontknow:

Maybe they have a point. But my god, talk about being blunt.
Original post by Nettled
I thought Maths was compulsory for an Economics degree :dontknow:

Maybe they have a point. But my god, talk about being blunt.

Not in all universities. Nah but he has no right saying 'Just take it when you fail your degree' he has no right to say that.
Not in all universities. Nah but he has no right saying 'Just take it when you fail your degree' he has no right to say that.

Ah never knew, I thought it got really maths heavy at Uni. Yeah that was my point. He could have explained it better.

Wierdly enough the people in my year that didn't do Unit 3 Chem ended up getting U's in AS Chemistry. Obvs, that wouldn't be a reason to tell people not to take A-level Chem.
Original post by Nettled
Ah never knew, I thought it got really maths heavy at Uni. Yeah that was my point. He could have explained it better.

Wierdly enough the people in my year that didn't do Unit 3 Chem ended up getting U's in AS Chemistry. Obvs, that wouldn't be a reason to tell people not to take A-level Chem.

I assume you're done with A levels? What you studying @ Uni?
I assume you're done with A levels? What you studying @ Uni?

No, second year of A-levels. Have you changed subjects or kept the same ones?
Original post by Nettled

I'm not doing pure econ. I'm doing politics with economics or economics politics and public policy. All the unis I'm applying to such as Exeter only require an A in GCSE maths. The only reason I failed maths and the entire year was because I was too relaxed and thought I wouldn't need revision. I'm not saying I'm a maths genius but I'm defiantly capable of learning it once I put my mind to it.
Original post by Nettled
No, second year of A-levels. Have you changed subjects or kept the same ones?

Both lol. Last year I did Chem, Bio, Maths, Further Maths and General Studies (Not By Choice lol)
I came out with B(Maths) DDDD.

I am now doing Maths (A2) Further Maths (AS Again) and I picked up Finance. :P
HEY OP! I failed too! But I'm redoing year 12 again instead of year 13. I was very naive last year about revision, work and the difficulty in A levels in general. I am en route to get three A's this year so I am smashing out papers like no tomorrow. :P

Economics requires quite a bit of maths at degree level, make sure you brush up lol!

Yeah I redone year 12 too and now I'm in year 13. I'm actually brushing up on my maths already lol no worries.

Quick Reply

Latest