The Student Room Group

Which chemistry experiment would you like to do

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Uni12345678
Haha cool , my teacher would never pick me for a titration display I was so awful at it!

:rofl: I think it was just putting up with it tbh XD
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
XD

:tongue: They are the best XD

No :colonhash:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
No :colonhash:

:slap:
:slap:

:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
:colonhash::colonhash:
:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
:colonhash::colonhash:

:colonhash:

:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::colonhash::h:
Reply 26
Seriously I need something that is more analytical not for babies.
It has to be something that is evaluated and repeated (5 trials) and something innovative.
Reply 27
Original post by BioOx
Seriously I need something that is more analytical not for babies.
It has to be something that is evaluated and repeated (5 trials) and something innovative.

There's really nothing analytical and advanced you can do without having any equipment to characterise your product.
Two words: Thermite combustion :h:

Aww damn, just saw nothing too dangerous.

Okay then, titrations I guess :frown:

I would have gone with the Thermite reaction, or something involving white phosphorous, potassium or a halogen. Then I too read 'not too dangerous'.

Looks like it's a titration for you - hand me the phenolphthalein....:yawn:
Original post by Reality Check
I would have gone with the Thermite reaction, or something involving white phosphorous, potassium or a halogen. Then I too read 'not too dangerous'.

Looks like it's a titration for you - hand me the phenolphthalein....:yawn:

Yeah, I immediately thought of one of the most dangerous reactions, but then I read ' not too dangerous'. :angry::angry::angry:

Meh, pass the sodium hydroxide. :tongue:
Reply 30
Guys any ideas? It has to be something that is more complicated?
Reply 31
For example:
What is the effect of fluoride ion concentration on the egg shells that are treated with vinegar?
It has to be something like that but with some experimental methods like titration, spectrophotometry etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
I made aspirin for an assessment at my school. I really enjoyed it, and I then carried out tests using a melting point apparatus, titrations and iron (iii) chloride.
Reply 33
Original post by sophielophie
I made aspirin for an assessment at my school. I really enjoyed it, and I then carried out tests using a melting point apparatus, titrations and iron (iii) chloride.

Students have made experiments with aspirin so many times that it is prohibited even to mention aspirin in our college.
Original post by BioOx
Students have made experiments with aspirin so many times that it is prohibited even to mention aspirin in our college.

That seems so extreme! I guess it must be a shame if someone is interested in that topic too.
Reply 35
That seems so extreme! I guess it must be a shame if someone is interested in that topic too.

Thank you tho! If something comes up to your mind, you should tell me... please
Could you analyse different antacid tablets and determine which one would be the most efficient by carrying out titrations?
Reply 37
Could you analyse different antacid tablets and determine which one would be the most efficient by carrying out titrations?

I have done that. Can't repeat it
Reply 38
Any ideas ? Something like: To what extent does the increase of the concentration affect the rate of reaction of potassium permanganate?
I need a topic like that but a little bit more complicated. The above stated example is simple!
Recrystallisation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending