The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katchooon
Hi all! Have just found this thread! What an agonising wait it has been! I have just had the email and been lucky enough to get through to the interview stage for Cardiff! The email only provided two dates, 24th and 25th, but when going online .to book a slot it showed a two week period of dates available.. wasnt sure whether picking a later one would be invalid due to the dates given in the emails so opted for day 2...may have just reduced my prep time unnecessarily though!! :/ Good luck to all.. Interview tips greatly appreciated!

I was thinking that, but I'm in Paris for the days mentioned in the email! I'm going to book a later one and email them to make sure it's okay - otherwise I'll be coming back from France earlier than expected!
I didn't get an interview, had the email at 11 last night, that was for Bristol. Good luck to everyone who gets through.
Reply 302
Original post by QE5
Notitngham

I got a rejection for Nottingham too 😕
I'm Newcastle and don't have an email. Anyone else Newcastle?
I wasn’t lucky enough too, got the email late last night and didn’t see it until this morning. Good luck to everyone who got through, I am a bit disappointed as I was confident my statements were good and captured the skills highlighted in the civil service codes….. Unfortunately, they were not able to provide feedbacks….
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Priscal
I wasn’t lucky enough too, got the email late last night and didn’t see it until this morning. Good luck to everyone who got through, I am a bit disappointed as I was confident my statements were good and captured the skills highlighted in the civil service codes….. Unfortunately, they were not able to provide feedbacks….

Congratulations and commiserations to all those successful and unsuccessful, think it's a shame that feedback isn't being shared, even if only the scores.

Still waiting here in Liverpool. Not holding my breath.
Original post by webster89
I'm Newcastle and don't have an email. Anyone else Newcastle?

I'm Newcastle, currently without an email!
Do you guys know how to access our original application? I cant find a place to login...any help would be greatlyappreciated
Original post by Sk80gse
Congratulations and commiserations to all those successful and unsuccessful, think it's a shame that feedback isn't being shared, even if only the scores.

Still waiting here in Liverpool. Not holding my breath.

I hope you hear the good news soon!
I have an interview for Bristol. Received the email at 10:30pm last night.
I cant believe I didn't get on! I emailed them today and they have agreed to see me after basically begging to be reconsidered. I've sent them a letter of appeal and now I have an interview! Definately worth a try guys
Reply 311
Original post by angskuse
I have an interview for Bristol. Received the email at 10:30pm last night.

I also have interview in Bristol. What do you reckon dress protocol for interview is seeing as their office rule is smart casual?
Original post by Leongreen32
I cant believe I didn't get on! I emailed them today and they have agreed to see me after basically begging to be reconsidered. I've sent them a letter of appeal and now I have an interview! Definately worth a try guys

On what basis did you appeal if no feedback was given? Just for future reference. Still waiting.
Original post by Leongreen32

How did you manage that. Bit unfair on people who scored higher than you but werent offered an interview imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied Cardiff Ho.. Got email about 11pm last night offering interview :smile: . I have very little work experience, does everyone here have a wealth!? I've only been graduated 2 years and have only had a 'proper'-(ish) (ish being the operative word) job for a year... Think I'll struggle for experiences and situations to draw on in interview about competencies! Does anyone know how many interviews for how many posts?! Anyway best of luck and well done to everyone! :biggrin:
Hi all, congrats to everyone reaching interview stage and commiserations to everyone who didn't ... I'm still waiting for the 21st. I'll be checking manicly until late into the night... does anyone know if those with interviews were also informed of their competency scores; what was the minimum score needed (is it out of 10)?
I just feel that it’s unfair to screen you out based on your competencies having scored high in the online tests.
Anyone know how one can appeal? I think it's definitely worth a try
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ellemewo
I applied Cardiff Ho.. Got email about 11pm last night offering interview :smile: . I have very little work experience, does everyone here have a wealth!? I've only been graduated 2 years and have only had a 'proper'-(ish) (ish being the operative word) job for a year... Think I'll struggle for experiences and situations to draw on in interview about competencies! Does anyone know how many interviews for how many posts?! Anyway best of luck and well done to everyone! :biggrin:

Also Cardiff here! Well done! What date did you opt for?
Original post by Sk80gse
On what basis did you appeal if no feedback was given? Just for future reference. Still waiting.

Just explained that i really wanted it and the difference i could make and i think they made a mistake! couldnt believe they gave me another shot!
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending