The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

I am through to the e-tray as well. Absolutely delighted!
Reply 341
Has anyone done the e-tray yet ? Would love some input as to what it was like ? harder or easier than expected? what sort of tasks do you do?
Don't think I've seen a single person who didnt get through.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gingerwizard
Don't think I've seen a single person who didnt get through.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still haven't heard back!! :frown:
Original post by scar123
I still haven't heard back!! :frown:

When did you apply? Don't freak out; I was refreshing my emails and the website like mad for a week and a half until I heard back. I wish they did it like PwC where they have already set the pass mark and tell you back pretty much immediately if you've passed or not instead of waiting forever and feeling like death.
Original post by Caravan_Palace
When did you apply? Don't freak out; I was refreshing my emails and the website like mad for a week and a half until I heard back. I wish they did it like PwC where they have already set the pass mark and tell you back pretty much immediately if you've passed or not instead of waiting forever and feeling like death.

When did you do your tests? I did mine 2nd October
Original post by scar123
When did you do your tests? I did mine 2nd October

I did mine around the 7th October. It's odd since I can't find any sort of pattern they're using to mark these; some people applied ages ago and some just last week.
Original post by Caravan_Palace
I did mine around the 7th October. It's odd since I can't find any sort of pattern they're using to mark these; some people applied ages ago and some just last week.

So far on this thread the earliest I've seen someone get results back is someone who did them on the 5th October... So trying to remain positive
I just completed the eTray. I don't know if it was easier or harder than I expected. I finished it with 20 minutes still on the clock so unsure if I should have spent more time reading or not.
I guess now it is just another wait and see!
Original post by eilidhx
I just completed the eTray. I don't know if it was easier or harder than I expected. I finished it with 20 minutes still on the clock so unsure if I should have spent more time reading or not.

How difficult was it??
Original post by eilidhx

Well done you, best of luck!
lol,I did my test on the 30th of Sep and still haven't heard back :/
If someone hears back about the SJT and behavioural that completed the tests before 2nd October let me know! Starting to stress
Original post by samuelsupress
lol,I did my test on the 30th of Sep and still haven't heard back :/

Don't worry I'm in same boat! (2nd Oct)
Original post by scar123
How difficult was it??

I wouldn't say it was that hard but sometimes it was hard to say what would be the best and worst response as they were very similar or you had to use your best judgment and who knows if that is right or not!
Original post by scar123
How difficult was it??

Did you have to write recommendations as well or was just selecting most likely and least likely replies?

Really silly question- but where was the time in relation to the exercise tray- top left corner or top right corner? I had an issue with not seeing the time left when I tried the practice test...
Original post by catriona135
Did you have to write recommendations as well or was just selecting most likely and least likely replies?

Really silly question- but where was the time in relation to the exercise tray- top left corner or top right corner? I had an issue with not seeing the time left when I tried the practice test...

Didn't have to write recommendations. Time was in the top right and it counted down in minutes and seconds rather than just minutes.
I haven't heard back either and completed my tests 29th Sept - the wait is the worst bit! I'm thinking maybe they are telling all the successful people first?! Can't work it out. I am refreshing my emails like crazy right now.
Original post by jadeyd15
I haven't heard back either and completed my tests 29th Sept - the wait is the worst bit! I'm thinking maybe they are telling all the successful people first?! Can't work it out. I am refreshing my emails like crazy right now.

So far on this thread I haven't seen anyone say they got through who completed them before the 4th of Oct! Also someone said they emailed and they said they are working backwards.

I will only worry once people who completed them earlier start to hear back!
Original post by eilidhx
Didn't have to write recommendations. Time was in the top right and it counted down in minutes and seconds rather than just minutes.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending