The Student Room Group

Personal statements - if you could be completely honest what would you say?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilysjohn
"Please."

Aaaaah shiiiiiiiiiii
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Pls accept me
I cannot stand another year with my chaotic family although i obviously love them dearly :biggrin:
That'd be grate :mmm: :colondollar:
Pls

Say it how it is :lol:

:teehee:

Original post by FrenchNerd2
"I'm sorry, is my £9000+ not good enough for you??? Tell me, what can you do for ME??"

Touche :hat2:
Original post by She-Ra
Say it how it is :lol:

:teehee:

Touche :hat2:

That's what it's all about :yep:
"i know ive made it seem as if i care ever so much about the political, cultural and social sphere of languages but tbh i just want to be able to speak other languages cause they sound cool"
I want to do engineering. But physics is a **** subject. No idea why you pricks demanded i take it. Why do i need to know about atom composition and time dilation to be a civil engineer ffs.

Look lads. I'm good at maths. Just let me in.
Reply 25
Just take my non-existent £9k a year. Why not? I'm going to be poor for the rest of my life, thanks to you :h:
My PS is [url=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Personal_Statement:Biochemistry_and_Natural_Sciences_2
]here

Original post by PQ
This one is grate:
Repeat Repeat Repeat

"Economics is a diverse subject, as economics can be related to anything, especially during economic crisis, which forces to think economically, whereas maths has been long one of my favourite subjects, as mathematics can be applied everywhere, moreover, mathematics is useful in everyday life."

HUGELY disappointed that they didn't pick up on:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Personal_Statement:Juggling_-_What_not_to_do

[btw the new TSR search is rubbish @Captain Jack - this was the top google result for "juggling site:thestudentroom.co.uk" but didn't show up on the TSR search at all :moon: )

I died :tongue:

For awhile I couldn't think of anything but writing "just let me in please".
My interests include watching Countdown whilst curled up on the sofa and progressively becoming more rotund.
I'm the best, better than the rest. :h:

Also, I'm paying you b****** £9K a year so.....yeah let me in!
Original post by SeanFM
My interests include watching Countdown whilst curled up on the sofa and progressively becoming more rotund.

My aspirations include getting a job that requires wearing slippers and taking afternoon naps :yes:
If I had been completely honest in my UCAS application 10 years ago ( :shakecane: ), my PS would have been very short and to the point:

"Yo J.S. Bach, I like you and Imma let you finish, but ABBA have the best tunes of ALL TIME :danceboy: :nutcase: :yep: :cool: :party:

PS. PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME "

My Masters and PhD proposals would have read the same as that :smartass:

(Side note: they should totes let you stick TSR smileys in a PS :yep: )
Original post by *Interrobang*
I can't recall that myself, but GCSEs were a while ago now!

And I wasn't saying they can't do it (in case that's what you thought I was implying!)

I assume it's some sort of industrial agriculture degree. *shrug*
"I really need something to occupy myself with for 3 years. So please."
Who writes a PS saying they want to be a farmer? I can't imagine there are many uni-educated farmers out there (they just don't need it surely?)

There are some amazing quotes here :lol:

If you want to run a farm you need to know a considerable amount about such things as soil structures, farm economics and agribusiness, land management, plant science, plant and animal diseases, nutrition, genetics, agrichemicals and so on.
Who writes a PS saying they want to be a farmer? I can't imagine there are many uni-educated farmers out there (they just don't need it surely?)

There are some amazing quotes here :lol:

The amount of science and technology available to run a productive, modern, farm requires some highly educated people. Newer generations are are the forefront. If you want to hold the backwards view that farmers have no need for education that's fine but I can assure you there's plenty I have personally witnessed giving vets a run for their money in terms of knowledge.
"Let me in! Let me in! Or I'll blow your - wait sorry. I have this awesome joke, though: This guy is telling his daughter bedtime story, and he's saying - "Then the 92nd little pig built his house out of depleted Uranium, and the wolf was like, dude..." So yeah, this is why you need to let me in on your science courses - I'll be able to tell awesome (burrowed) jokes! Oh, btw, I have a great maths joke - there are 10 people in the world: those who understand binary, those who don't and those who didn't expect this joke to be in base 3. Works with any base, actually, although it's better written than spoken. So yeah, as a plus, I would like to apply for maths, except that I prefer biology/cellular biology/biochemistry/organic chemistry/physics/blowing the house up. Then, as a bonus, I can tell you more about respiration then you know yourself, draw the structures of all the amino acids and just generally boast to bolster up my self-confidence and probably sink all possible chance of getting into your University. Sorry, me."
"don't really want to study this but the job i want requires a 2:1 in some degree discipline.. so i guess here we are"
"I have wanted to study Linguistics ever since my teacher told me the UCAS deadline was approaching and I needed to find a uni course."
Original post by PQ
This one is grate:
Repeat Repeat Repeat

"Economics is a diverse subject, as economics can be related to anything, especially during economic crisis, which forces to think economically, whereas maths has been long one of my favourite subjects, as mathematics can be applied everywhere, moreover, mathematics is useful in everyday life."

HUGELY disappointed that they didn't pick up on:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Personal_Statement:Juggling_-_What_not_to_do

[btw the new TSR search is rubbish @Captain Jack - this was the top google result for "juggling site:thestudentroom.co.uk" but didn't show up on the TSR search at all :moon: )
PRSOM :rofl: I'd forgotten that - we had a lot of fun putting it together :lol:

Original post by Charlotte49
Someone once said to me:

'Why would I have paid the UCAS fee if I didn't want to do the course? That could have paid for a night out, and if that's not commitment to geography, I don't know what is'.

:clap2:
PRSOM
Original post by Minerva
PRSOM :rofl: I'd forgotten that - we had a lot of fun putting it together :lol:

PRSOM

There's a whole thread of them....http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1437662 :ninjagirl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending