The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YouHaveProblems
Hey can anyone let me know what is happening here? When he comes up from rukoo he says this: [video]https://youtu.be/zJadfaOQG3E?t=272[/video]

He is performing dua al qunuut either in witr or fajar, or in a time of severe difficulty for the ummah.
Original post by Al-farhan
He is performing dua al qunuut either in witr or fajar, or in a time of severe difficulty for the ummah.

Jazakallahu Khair, I didn't know it was after sujood i thought it was before it
Reply 4302
Hey can anyone let me know what is happening here? When he comes up from rukoo he says this: [video]https://youtu.be/zJadfaOQG3E?t=272[/video]

He is reciting dua Qunut (in witr prayer)
Original post by h333
He is reciting dua Qunut (in witr prayer)

Isn't that before sujood??
Reply 4304
Isn't that before sujood??

It can be done after or before. But after is better.
Original post by Al-farhan
The thing that really confuses me further with shia hadiths and generally throws a wrench in the whole jarh wa ta'dil/ i'lm al rijaal and authenticity of hadiths is the:
عدة من أصحابنا
narrated from our group/friends.
And even this:
عمن أخبره
Narrated from whoever told him.

Who are these people? who is this person that told him? How many people is this friends list? Their order?.......etc
Attributing the chain of narration to unknowns and attributing to ''whoever told him'' hardly gives me let alone shias confidence in these narrations and the methodology used to authenticate them.

You smashed it brother
Guys do you all study islam? and does anyone know any arabic courses?
This video is scaaaaaaaaaaaaaary
[video="youtube;py74b3cu9FI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py74b3cu9FI[/video]
“Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness.”

- Ibn al-Qayyim رحمه الله

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ibn Maajah (4245) narrated from Thawbaan (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “I certainly know people of my ummah who will come on the Day of Resurrection with good deeds like the mountains of Tihaamah, but Allaah will make them like scattered dust.” Thawbaan said: O Messenger of Allaah, describe them to us and tell us more, so that we will not become of them unknowingly. He said: “They are your brothers and from your race, worshipping at night as you do, but they will be people who, when they are alone, transgress the sacred limits of Allaah.”

This is a saheeh hadeeth; it was classed as such by al-Buwaysari in Misbaah al-Zujaajah (4/246) and al-Albaani in al-Saheehah. Al-Mundhiri said in al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb (3/170): Its narrators are thiqaat (trustworthy).

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The Muslim is the brother of his fellow Muslim; he does not wrong him or let him down. The one who meets the needs of his brother, Allah will meet his needs. Whoever relieves a Muslim of distress, Allah will relieve him of distress on the Day of Resurrection.” [Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2442) and Muslim (2580)]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sufyaan Ath-Thawree رحمه الله said:

“Three qualities are from patience: (a) not speaking about your misfortune, (b) (not speaking about) your pain, and (c) not praising yourself.”

[Al-Hilyah, 6/389]

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is reported that Al-Hasan Al-Basri (rahimahullah) once said during the funeral of a man:

“May Allah have mercy on the man who works for the likes of this day; for today you are able to do what these brothers of yours, the residents of these graves, cannot do. So make full use of your health and free time before the day of distress and accounts comes upon you.”

[Ibn Abī Al-Dunyā, Dhamm Al-Dunyā article 53]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salamunalaikum, i hope you are doing well brother

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
You smashed it brother

With due respect, he didn't. And i am only quoting you because i prefer everyone to have facts. If we disagree on the facts, and have each of our positions fairly represented, then that's fine. But when it's really on a straw man, it becomes unfair. To add to this, what was done was really an unprovoked attack. I posted a hadith on good manners, giving the chain, and someone decides to create a debate out of nothing.

I explained what ' a group of our friends/associates' means. It does not mean random unknowns we can not scrutinise, but rather, a way Shayk al Kulayni [compiler of Al Kafi], used for the sake of brevity and avoid repeating himself.

Whenever you read in Usul Kafi, that "a group of our associates narrated from Ahmad Ibn Muhammad Ibn Isa", then the group here means the following five persons:

1.Abu Ja'far Muhammad Ibn Yahya al-Attar al-Qummi
2.Ali Ibn Musa Ibn Ja'far al-Kamandani
3.Abu Sulayman Dawud Ibn Kawrah al-Qummi
4.Abu Ali Ahmad Ibn Idris Ibn Ahmad al-Ash'ari al-Qummi
5.Abul Hasan Ali Ibn Ibrahim Ibn Hashim al-Qummi.

II. Whenever you read in Usul Kafi, that "a group of our associates narrated from Ahmad Ibn Muhammad Ibn Khalid al-Barqi", then the group here means the following four persons:

1.Abul Hasan Ali Ibn Ibrahim Ibn Hashim al-Qummi
2.Muhammad Ibn Abdillah Ibn Udhaynah
3.Ahmad Ibn Abillah Ibn Umayyah
4. Ali Ibn al-Husain al-Sa'd Abadi.

III. Whenever you read in Usul Kafi, that "a group of our associates narrated from Sahl Ibn Ziyad", then the group here means the following four persons:

1. Abul Hasan Ali Ibn Muhammad Ibn Ibrahim Ibn Aban al-Razi, who is known as Allan al-Kulaini
2. Abul Husain Muhammad Ibn Abdillah Ja'far Ibn Muhammad Ibn Awn al- Asadi al-Kufi, resident of ray.
3. Muhammad Ibn al-Husain Ibn Farrukh al-Saffar al-Qummi 4. Muhammad Ibn Aqil al-Kulaini.
IV.

Whenever you read in Usul Kafi, that "a group of our associates narrated from Ja'far Ibn Muhammad who narrated from al-Hasan Ibn Ali Ibn al-Faddal", then the group here consists of the following person:
1. Abu Abdillah al-Husain Ibn Muhammad Ibn Imran Ibn Abi Bakr al- Ash'ari al-Qummi.

All of these narrators in each of these four categories mentioned are generally the teachers and Shaykhs of Kulayni - whom he would narrate a certain Hadith from all at the same time and they would be living and narrating a certain Hadith that Kulayni takes from them during the same time period and not necessarily succeed one another in the chain(i.e making the longer).

The reason that Kulayni does not mention all of them in the chain every time for each Hadith is so that he doesn't make it longer and to avoid unnecessary repetitions - hence the resorting to this abridgement in the chain.
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys do you all study islam? and does anyone know any arabic courses?

Salamunalaikum brother, it's great to see you an expressing an interest to learn.

There is an excellent free online course by the Madina Series: http://www.lqtoronto.com

The website contains hundreds of hours of video lectures, and the actual books used in the lectures, with special handouts, all for free.

I'm still learning Arabic, and i guess the one thing i would say as a tip is, you'll often feel as though you're spending a lot of time learning nothing, because so much time is dedicated in just understanding grammar, rather than say, another language, where you'd be learning many phrases off the bat.

But persevere and pray for me too please.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
Salamunalaikum brother, it's great to see you an expressing an interest to learn.

There is an excellent free online course by the Madina Series: http://www.lqtoronto.com

The website contains hundreds of hours of video lectures, and the actual books used in the lectures, with special handouts, all for free.

I'm still learning Arabic, and i guess the one thing i would say as a tip is, you'll often feel as though you're spending a lot of time learning nothing, because so much time is dedicated in just understanding grammar, rather than say, another language, where you'd be learning many phrases off the bat.

But persevere and pray for me too please.

Thanks but I don't want to be a Shia
Thanks but I don't want to be a Shia

The link i gave you has nothing to do with being a sunni or a shia brother.

It is actually a course designed by a sheikh from saudi arabia, and the only purpose of it is to teach arabic to everyone and anyone willing to take the time, sacrifice and effort to learn it. It's purely a language course in fusah arabic, and not a course on aqeedah or fiqh etc.

The person who owns the website and designed this course actually leans towards salafism.
(edited 7 years ago)
Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported:

I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "When a person suffers from a calamity and utters: 'Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un. Allahumma ujurni fi musibati, wakhluf li khairan minha (We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return. O Allah! Compensate me in my affliction, recompense my loss and give me something better in exchange for it), then Allah surely compensates him with reward and better substitute." Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: When Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) died, I repeated the same supplication as the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) had commanded me (to do). So Allah bestowed upon me a better substitute than him (I was married to Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ)).

[Muslim].

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tawheed
The link i gave you has nothing to do with being a sunni or a shia brother.

It is actually a course designed by a sheikh from saudi arabia, and the only purpose of it is to teach arabic to everyone and anyone willing to take the time, sacrifice and effort to learn it.

The person who owns the website and designed this course actually leans towards salafism.

Oh u thought i were talking bout learning Islam then went into the topic of Arabic later on
(edited 7 years ago)
From Aboo Umaamah-Radiyallaahu 'anhu:

from the Prophet that he said:

"Whoever goes out to the mosque, not intending except to learn some good or to teach it, then for him shall be the reward of a person who has performed Hajj, whose Hajj is complete."

Reported by at-Tabaraanee in ‘al-Mu`jamul-Kabeer’(8/111/no.7473)
Shaikh al-Albaanee said in ‘Saheehut-Targheeb’(no.82): ‘Saheeh’.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending