The Student Room Group

University applicants 2017 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amygracebroad
I do English Lit, Politics and History - how about you?

English lit Maths and Chemistry :smile:
Original post by soooo0
Oh cool, what do they think of the city? My dad mentioned that an area of Bristol has the highest crime rate in England which has made me a little worried, do they think it's a safe place?

I thought Bristol was one of the safest places to live haha.
Reply 442
Criminology but I'm not sure where yet
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone on here also looked at the facebook page of 'university applicants 2017'? There are loads of group chats been organised through people on the page for different unis! It is worth having a look, I've met a few people applying to NTU and I think there is a group chat for almost every uni, if there isn't you can start your own :biggrin:
Reply 444
Original post by t.thompson22
Thank you, same to you!! Don't get this the wrong way, but I felt like my PS was the best thing I've EVER written. :biggrin:

Haha! Mine was atrocious; I sounded unbelievably annoying and, despite my love of literature, it did not flow at all :u:
Original post by soooo0
Oh cool, what do they think of the city? My dad mentioned that an area of Bristol has the highest crime rate in England which has made me a little worried, do they think it's a safe place?

I didn't Bristol was known to be dangerous. I thought Nottingham was one of the more dangerous areas
Original post by Ellie419
I didn't Bristol was known to be dangerous. I thought Nottingham was one of the more dangerous areas

Living in Nottingham, there are a couple of areas in the city that are bad, namely Sneinton, Hyson Green, and St Anns. Most other places are pretty alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Obiejess
Living in Nottingham, there are a couple of areas in the city that are bad, namely Sneinton, Hyson Green, and St Anns. Most other places are pretty alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe it just gets a bad rep then? Everyone I know says it is allegedly the crime capital of England. My family really don't want me to go to uni there. (I might as I have an offer from Nottingham Trent)
Original post by Ellie419
Maybe it just gets a bad rep then? Everyone I know says it is allegedly the crime capital of England. My family really don't want me to go to uni there. (I might as I have an offer from Nottingham Trent)

Seriously, I've lived here my whole life. It's not that bad. In fact I'd argue no worse than any big city, and certainly not close to as bad as some.

Also, Trent is right in the city centre, which is usually quite buzzing and thus normally safe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Course: BioMed/Micriobiology
Universities: Oxford, Warwick, Imperial, Nottingham and Durham
GCSE grades: 3A*s, 6As
AS grades (predicted/achieved): A in maths, 3 As in science mocks (we did the as paper as a mock)
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): A*A*A*
Extra curricular: 2 week work experience at UCL lab in immunobiology, some website stuff
Other: not sure lol
Course: different courses at diff unis all linked to finance and statistics ish
Universities: UCL,KCL,LSE
GCSE grades: 1 A* 3A 2B 2C 1D 1F
AS grades (predicted/achieved): A(MATHS) A(FURTHERMATHS)
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): A* maths , A* furthermaths, A* physics , D* ict , B EPQ
Extra curricular: ICAEW course at KPMG , investment day at M&G investments, lse summer school
Name: Faraz
Course: Economics
Where? Nottingham, Birmingham, Lancaster, Queen Mary & Kent
AS grades+Subjects: A (English Lit) A (Media Studies) D (Maths) D(Econ)
A2 Predicted/Achieved: A*AB
Offers? Applied today!
Well, I'm hoping to study law. Finished my application, was approved by my head teacher. Now, I am waiting for my form tutor to write my reference, attach it to my application so i can finally send it off.
Received an offer from Kent for BSc Economics today. I only sent off my UCAS application yesterday!
Course: English Literature
Universities: Royal Holloway, Warwick, Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham
GCSE grades:1 A*, 4As, 5Bs
AS grades (predicted/achieved):ABC + A in EPQ
A2 grades (predicted/achieved):AAA
Offers: Royal Holloway AAB A in English
Course: English and Philosophy
Universities: York, Warwick, Bath Spa, Lancaster, Durham
GCSE grades: 1 A* , 1 A , 1 C all the rest Bs
AS grades (achieved): AAD
A2 grades (predicted): AAB

Question: How long after your application do you typically receive an offer?
Course: International Business
Universities: University of Leeds, University of Manchester, University of Liverpool, Newcastle University and University of Huddersfield
GCSE grades: 2A*s 3As 5Bs
AS grades (predicted/achieved): Achieved ABB
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): Predicted AAA
Extra curricular: Honours Programme
Other: Good Luck with your offers!!!
Course: English Literature Q300
Universities: Cambridge, York, Bristol, Exeter, Nottingham
GCSE grades: 10A*s and A in FSMQ Additional Maths
AS grades (achieved): AAAA
A2 grades (achieved): A*AAA in English Lit, History, Maths and Physics
Offers: York and Nottingham so far (submitted form a week ago!)
Reply 458
Anyone got offers from Exeter for law?
Original post by MJ15
Anyone got offers from Exeter for law?

I haven't personally, but one of my friends who's early entry (she's applying to Cambridge) has.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending