The Student Room Group

Part time jobs to earn money before university?

So I recently dropped out of my course in university due to the subject not being for me, I now have 11 months until I can go back to a new university for a different course. I am looking for any advice in any good part time jobs which I could do to pass the time and earn some money as well. Thanks!
Why not full time? Could earn more money and experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fxlloutboyy
Why not full time? Could earn more money and experience

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've always thought working full time while waiting to go to uni is a bit risky. Like, you could get hooked on the world of work, and never actually end up going to university.
Original post by CarysJSLewis
I've always thought working full time while waiting to go to uni is a bit risky. Like, you could get hooked on the world of work, and never actually end up going to university.

Well if that happened then wouldn't it surely be evidence that University isn't really for you after all...?
You could try temping, and then you'd get to try lots of different work environments etc. Or you could get a normal pt job in retail or hospitality etc and volunteer for something you find worthy/interesting around that. :h:

And yes, suddenly earning money is addictive!!
Original post by Reality Check
Well if that happened then wouldn't it surely be evidence that University isn't really for you after all...?

I suppose so. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying nobody should get a full time job while waiting to apply, I just wouldn't want anyone having any regrets later on etc. :smile:
I think it can be good because it prepares you for the world of work and shows the university that you're aiming for a career. A weekday full time job can give stability, you can open a savings account which will be worth it and can still enjoy yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WarStars
So I recently dropped out of my course in university due to the subject not being for me, I now have 11 months until I can go back to a new university for a different course. I am looking for any advice in any good part time jobs which I could do to pass the time and earn some money as well. Thanks!

You could always try your hand at matched betting. I've made a few hundred off of it last month :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending