The Student Room Group

Is this Job a scam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
A lot of companies do training in other countries, iirc some american investment banks ship new grads to New York for 6-10 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true however this is only for 2 days. Excited too see where this goes anyway. Thanks for the info.
Original post by Ciel.
Sounds fishy. If you end up getting killed, don't say we didn't warn you. Don't go : <

Original post by sameehaiqbal
Yeah but thats a well known company. Theres hardly anything about this company on the internet apart from a facebook page. You need to do thorough research and know who you are working for.

Original post by Princepieman
A lot of companies do training in other countries, iirc some american investment banks ship new grads to New York for 6-10 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by shawtyb
i still wouldnt trust it. do some thorough research on the company.
in google put the company name followed by scam and see if anything comes up

Ok so just got back from the training in milan and I can safely say it wasn't a scam. Don't think it could have been any more professional tbh.

All I can say is got to assess the situation from every angle possible, if all seems good then go for it with an open mind :wink:
Original post by justdateriguy
Ok so just got back from the training in milan and I can safely say it wasn't a scam. Don't think it could have been any more professional tbh.

All I can say is got to assess the situation from every angle possible, if all seems good then go for it with an open mind :wink:

Great stuff! Good luck with your endeavours :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23

Aww happy to hear that *hugs*
Hey! I know this is a few months old, but just wondering if you took the job? If so, how is it? They are advertising on Indeed in my area so I am quite intrigued. Thanks
Reply 25
Hi
How did the training go? Are you still with them?
Many thanks
Amy
Reply 26
Sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck with it OP.
Original post by AmyKD
Hi
How did the training go? Are you still with them?
Many thanks
Amy

Original post by xxstacexx
Hey! I know this is a few months old, but just wondering if you took the job? If so, how is it? They are advertising on Indeed in my area so I am quite intrigued. Thanks

Soz for the late reply guys but yeah its great. Doesn't pay straight away as you need to build a rapport with the businesses you go to but great training in Milan and all good so far.
Please believe me when I say this, which is valid for most things in life:

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

I've just seen that you've posted again, so how is it. You say 'it doesn't pay straight away' - what does that mean? Have you actually received any money yet?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 29
Soz for the late reply guys but yeah its great. Doesn't pay straight away as you need to build a rapport with the businesses you go to but great training in Milan and all good so far.

I have been invited too!
Original post by Reality Check
Please believe me when I say this, which is valid for most things in life:

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

I've just seen that you've posted again, so how is it. You say 'it doesn't pay straight away' - what does that mean? Have you actually received any money yet?

Yeah so the first 6 weeks you get paid £750 as your sort of shadowing someone who's been doing it for a while. After you start going out by yourself then you have the chance to sell.

Seems just like what I was doing with Unilever last year and got paid greatly for it. I always thought the unilever job was too good to be true but it wa s legit, hours were great, paid like 2.5k+ a month.

All i have to say is assess any situation you go into, look online for reviews, look for news articles about the company and look at other factors before deciding.
So did you go for the job?
Did you accept the job I have a interview Friday for the same company doing the same thing If you accepted how are u finding.m the role , pay structure etc
Reply 33
Hey mate,So how did it go? Did you get to work for them? I'm about to apply for a sales representative position. I'll appreciate if you have any comment or suggestions about this company.Cheers!
Reply 34
Original post by Carlacorbett87
Did you accept the job I have a interview Friday for the same company doing the same thing If you accepted how are u finding.m the role , pay structure etc

He there, did you get the job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending