The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

University of Gloucestershire applicants [2017]

Hello everyone,

We have created this thread for anyone who is thinking of applying to the University of Gloucestershire starting in 2017.

If you’re looking to study here with us in Cheltenham or Gloucester, say hello and introduce yourself, tell us what you’re interested in studying and we will be on-hand to answer any questions you have about our courses or life at the university. :h:

Maria at the University of Gloucestershire

Scroll to see replies

Hello I am Kate Mason and I am thinking of doing early childhood studies.
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website
Original post by Masonkate92
Hello I am Kate Mason and I am thinking of doing early childhood studies.

Hi Kate,

That's great news! :smile: What was it about the Early Childhood Studies course that caught your eye?

The lecturers are all amazing and I like the modules. It looks a really fun course to do and keeps all your options open if you don't know what job you want to do. Also there is a trip to Stockholm which looks really good! 😊
The lecturers are all amazing and I like the modules. It looks a really fun course to do and keeps all your options open if you don't know what job you want to do. Also there is a trip to Stockholm which looks really good! 😊

The trip to Stockholm is great and our students find it really valuable for developing their skills and knowledge.

Have you been to an open day here yet?
i have been to the open day 3 times x
i have been to the open day 3 times x

Great stuff! Hopefully we will be welcoming you onto campus in September 2017!
Hello,

I'm thinking of going to the 19th open day but I also have Bucks New Uni Open day booked to, can anyone help me. I also looking at night life, so can anyone help me make a choice

Both offer what I want in Games Development, I think the main thing I'm stuck on is the night life, and things to do around the University's, train station, shops, clubs, ect.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Hi Oscar,

I actually went to The University of Gloucestershire and thought the Night Life was great! Obviously I can't speak to the social aspects of Bucks New Uni, but Cheltenham and Gloucestershire have so much going on outside of the university. There are loads of clubs, bars and pubs that cater for different tastes in music and drinks, I would usually go to Moo Moo, Frog and Fiddle, Subtone and Under the Prom. I also remember someone telling me that Gloucestershire is the Festival County because there are over 40 different festivals in Cheltenham and Gloucester you can attend or work at, like the Food and Drink, Jazz, Literature, Music, Science and obviously the famous horse racing festivals. These are also great opportunities to earn some easy money working part time or you can just go celeb spotting; I got to meet J K Rowling and Jim Broadbent which to this day was one of my Uni highlights.

Other than that we have loads of restaurants, museums, galleries. I promise you there is so much going on in at this University you are literally spoilt for choice. My advice for you would be to just visit these towns/ cities and just walk around and see if you like the vibe. If you can go on a night out in Cheltenham you won't be disappointed.

Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 9
I've applied and received a conditional offer for biology.

What's the general pricing in Cheltenham, is it an expensive place to live?
I've got a conditional offer for Criminology. Torn between Nottingham Trent and Gloucestershire as my first choice. I really liked the modules on the Gloucestershire course and its only 40 minutes from home, so I hopefully wont feel as homesick.
I've been offered a place on the BeD 5-11 course :smile: anyone else?
Original post by jessajones
I've got a conditional offer for Criminology. Torn between Nottingham Trent and Gloucestershire as my first choice. I really liked the modules on the Gloucestershire course and its only 40 minutes from home, so I hopefully wont feel as homesick.

Hi Jessa,

Glad you like the modules on our Criminology course, they are so interesting! It's one of the (many) reasons why it scored 100% overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2016 too.

Hopefully you will be too busy having fun to get homesick but we have a whole range of student support on offer to help with the transition.

If you have any questions, just shout! :h:

Reply 13
Original post by Bubble4799
I've been offered a place on the BeD 5-11 course :smile: anyone else?

Me too! Not sure if this is where i want to go yet though, not overly keen on the area but loved the uni itself :frown:
Hi there, I've applied for the same course but haven't heard back from the University yet. How long was it between applying and getting an offer for you? I'm worried that I may have applied too late because one of my tutors took sooooo long to complete me reference that I couldn't apply until early December. :/
Original post by Wanderlust96
Hi there, I've applied for the same course but haven't heard back from the University yet. How long was it between applying and getting an offer for you? I'm worried that I may have applied too late because one of my tutors took sooooo long to complete me reference that I couldn't apply until early December. :/

You have until January to apply so you're not late at all! I only sent my application off on the 12th of Dec so I'm waiting to hear back too :smile:
Reply 16
my conditional offer for biology has been changed to unconditional! anyone know how many approx are on the course?
Reply 17
Original post by bfxnxn
my conditional offer for biology has been changed to unconditional! anyone know how many approx are on the course?

Currently on the course. For my year there's approximately 15 people on biology, and probably 30ish on Animal Biology. Lots of lectures are shared between the courses.
Reply 18
Original post by _jake_
Currently on the course. For my year there's approximately 15 people on biology, and probably 30ish on Animal Biology. Lots of lectures are shared between the courses.

Ah that's great I was hoping it was a smaller class size. I'm 19 and didn't go to uni last year so maybe that's why they gave me the unconditional
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by bfxnxn
Ah that's great I was hoping it was a smaller class size. I'm 19 and didn't go to uni last year so maybe that's why they gave me the unconditional

No problem. Don't be afraid to shoot me a PM with any question you have!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending