The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Does anybody know whether it's best that I apply for Simmons and Simmons winter vacation scheme or wait till Summer opens? The deadline is the end of this month and they're rolling..
Simmons & Simmons video interview (and tests). Grateful for any tips :biggrin:
Original post by lawstudent95
Does anybody know whether it's best that I apply for Simmons and Simmons winter vacation scheme or wait till Summer opens? The deadline is the end of this month and they're rolling..

Are you final year/graduate (and eligible for winter)? If so, why not do that? Get into the recruitment process earlier.
Original post by soph497
Are you final year/graduate (and eligible for winter)? If so, why not do that? Get into the recruitment process earlier.

Yes I am eligible, I just thought that it's a little too late to be applying seeing as it's on a rolling basis
Original post by lawstudent95
Yes I am eligible, I just thought that it's a little too late to be applying seeing as it's on a rolling basis

Ahh I see. In that case I only applied last week, and I'm sure we'd have heard on here if people had ACs. Deadline doesn't close for 2 weeks :smile:
Just sent my RPC application off. Definitely my best application so far and the one I invested the most time into. Hoping it yields some sort of result other than a pfo haha. Still not heard back from Hogan Lovells regarding the online test, sending my application about a week ago. Hopefully a good sign.
Anyone done Clifford Chance open day video interview? What is it like?
Hi all!

Thought I'd get involved here after, quite frankly, being a bit of a lurker. I have sent off four apps over the past two weeks and now constantly (and slightly too eagerly) checking my emails!

Anyone else applied to Stephenson Harwood or Mishcon de Reya? Haven't see much chat about them on here.
Going to start looking into completing an application for Burges Salmon. Probably the only law firm outside London I would be willing to work at, maybe Osborne Clarke but definitely just those 2.
Reply 309
Original post by poslawstu

Anyone else applied to Stephenson Harwood or Mishcon de Reya? Haven't see much chat about them on here.

I applied to Mishcon too!
Reply 310
Original post by CH1234
I applied to Mishcon too!

Hey do you know if Stephenson Harwood and Mishcon De Reya operate on a rolling basis or not?
Reply 311
Original post by Weenja
Hey do you know if Stephenson Harwood and Mishcon De Reya operate on a rolling basis or not?

No idea about Stephenson Harwood but Mishcon definitely do
PFO Simmons & Simmons :angry: I think its because of their ridiculous SJ test
For Jones Day, is the 'previous employer referee' optional or compulsory?
Original post by ssh12bl
For Jones Day, is the 'previous employer referee' optional or compulsory?

If you've had previous employment, it would definitely look questionable as to why you haven't put down a referee.
Does anyone know whether you can put down your sixth form tutor as an academic referee. Might help with explaining some mitigating circumstances...
Reply 316
How many applications are everyone making?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grisham

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looking to make around 13. Currently on my 4th one so I've got a long way ahead...
Reply 318
Original post by *Stefan*
Looking to make around 13. Currently on my 4th one so I've got a long way ahead...

Yeah I aimed to make 15 but it literally takes me ages! On my 3rd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grisham

Posted from TSR Mobile

About 10. Done five or so already.

Quick Reply

Latest