On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hurricaneellin
Don't worry! I am sure you'll both get an offer! Good Luck! :smile:

Thank you so much! I'm so nervous and really hope I get an offer! Even an unconditional would be amazing!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
What halls is everybody looking at? Ensuite? Non-ensuite? Catered? etc. etc.

I'm going for self-catered ensuite so I really liked Roll and Hartley Grove halls (at Glen Eyre)! Also the ones out of town (Mayflower) were super nice but I feel like it'd be too much of a commute if I went to those halls.
Original post by abbeyjayne
What halls is everybody looking at? Ensuite? Non-ensuite? Catered? etc. etc.

I'm going for self-catered ensuite so I really liked Roll and Hartley Grove halls (at Glen Eyre)! Also the ones out of town (Mayflower) were super nice but I feel like it'd be too much of a commute if I went to those halls.

I like Mayflower too but Southampton is my insurance so I am not sure I will get to pick :smile:
Hiya this is so late but i'm applying to Southampton for Film studies, I've sent my application but UCAS haven't got it yet ahhhh its so nerve-wracking though
Original post by marcellama
Hiya this is so late but i'm applying to Southampton for Film studies, I've sent my application but UCAS haven't got it yet ahhhh its so nerve-wracking though

Same with me! I'm waiting for my "referee" i.e my school to send it off to UCAS! Ugh, such a long process, right?
Original post by abbeyjayne
Same with me! I'm waiting for my "referee" i.e my school to send it off to UCAS! Ugh, such a long process, right?

It is suuuuuuuch a long process its so stressful like I just want it to go so I can focus on my lessons you know but it's always at the back of my mind you know?
I applied for chemistry with a year in industry. I sent my application on the 28th of October and received an offer from them yesterday, it is to get AAA though.

Has any applied for Chemistry?
(edited 7 years ago)
I applied at Southampton for Modern languages! Still waiting for a reply though..
Hi :biggrin:
I'm send sending off my application tomorrow for Psychology
My A-level predicted grades are ABB + an A in EPQ !!
Hopefully I will get in as I love Southampton ^-^
I hope everyone is successful in their applications too :biggrin:
I'm from Hull and I applied for Modern languages (French, Spanish and German) still waiting for a reply..
Original post by MooCowMilkshake
Hi :biggrin:
I'm send sending off my application tomorrow for Psychology
My A-level predicted grades are ABB + an A in EPQ !!
Hopefully I will get in as I love Southampton ^-^
I hope everyone is successful in their applications too :biggrin:

I seriously hope I won't get invited for an interview as I live in Hull and a train ticket to Southampton would cost me a fortune and I can't really afford it right now...😩
Original post by Judith1512
I seriously hope I won't get invited for an interview as I live in Hull and a train ticket to Southampton would cost me a fortune and I can't really afford it right now...😩

Spoiler

Spoiler

I know yeah it says it on the course details! Where are you from?
I know yeah it says it on the course details! Where are you from?

I'm from around basingstoke which is around 1hr/1hr and half away from Southampton. I really like the Uni. What about you ?? :biggrin:
I'm from around basingstoke which is around 1hr/1hr and half away from Southampton. I really like the Uni. What about you ?? :biggrin:

Kingston upon Hull! Which is like 5 hours and half lol! I know it's very nice..I went for an open day on the 10th of September! 😄
Kingston upon Hull! Which is like 5 hours and half lol! I know it's very nice..I went for an open day on the 10th of September! 😄

I went to the 10th one as well !! What halls did you like the look of ? I, personally, liked Mayflower.
I went to the 10th one as well !! What halls did you like the look of ? I, personally, liked Mayflower.

Same I loved it and it's definitely going to be my first choice for accomodation! I didn't like the halls near the Main campus! I can't remember what they were called! I didn't have the chance to see City Gateway halls but the rooms look decent on the website and I definitely want an en-suite self-catered anyway!
Same I loved it and it's definitely going to be my first choice for accomodation! I didn't like the halls near the Main campus! I can't remember what they were called! I didn't have the chance to see City Gateway halls but the rooms look decent on the website and I definitely want an en-suite self-catered anyway!

Were they the Glen Eyre Halls ?? I didn't like them either, I thought they looked too much like prison cells. Mayflower will be my first choice too ha haa ^-^
Were they the Glen Eyre Halls ?? I didn't like them either, I thought they looked too much like prison cells. Mayflower will be my first choice too ha haa ^-^

Yeah those ones! They were proper **** and looked old as well! I loved the student union and the sport facilities they had as well! I'm really gutted I didn't have the chance to visit the city but at least I attended the modern languages talk ang got to talk to the students which was really helpful and also the responsible for admissions for modern languages who helped me a lot with all the entry requirements 😄
Yeah those ones! They were proper **** and looked old as well! I loved the student union and the sport facilities they had as well! I'm really gutted I didn't have the chance to visit the city but at least I attended the modern languages talk ang got to talk to the students which was really helpful and also the responsible for admissions for modern languages who helped me a lot with all the entry requirements 😄

What did you do when you went there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending