The Student Room Group

Cambridge Engineering Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sassy01
Ah about the same as me, how do you think we could get our speed up??

Now that ive done the paper, i feel like ill remember the answers rather than do it again

Well after I done it and marked it, I went back and completed the rest of the questions. Im planning on just searching for hard maths and physics questions to practice on, and also will go over and analyse the worked solutions of the specimen paper in more detail.

To get my speed up i'm probably just going to guess questions that look time consuming and move on so I can get through it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a Scottish reapplicant doing at YINI placement at Scottish power, I sat Highers and Advanced Highers.

Highers: 6A's (maths, physics, chemistry, English, design & manufacture, crashed modern studies)
Advanced Highers: 4A's (maths, physics, chemistry, crashed graphics)

Related activities: headstart at Cambridge, space school, 2 accelerate courses, Southampton design triathlon, York residential, LUMEN, awards in school, tutoring pupils at school, wider reading etc.

College: Jesus

Other unis: Imperial, UCL, Strathclyde, not decided on my 5th choice yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Are you applying to Cambridge? This thread is in the Cambridge forum and the ENGAA is the Cambridge Engineering Admissions Assessment :wink:

Nah I'm not applying to Cambridge lol. Yeah I looked at the test questions though and it seems tough. Would have to study a lot to do well in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cannoning
Well after I done it and marked it, I went back and completed the rest of the questions. Im planning on just searching for hard maths and physics questions to practice on, and also will go over and analyse the worked solutions of the specimen paper in more detail.

To get my speed up i'm probably just going to guess questions that look time consuming and move on so I can get through it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have a go at the PAT papers; they are quite similar in terms of syllabus.
Predicted A*A*A*A (Maths, F.math, Chem., Phys.)
I have been allocated Trinity Hall, which I am very happy about:biggrin:!
Other choices include Imperial, Bath, Birmingham & Manchester.
Hey when did you get allocated? Did you make an open application? I've still not been allocated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FusionNetworks
Predicted A*A*A*A (Maths, F.math, Chem., Phys.)
I have been allocated Trinity Hall, which I am very happy about:biggrin:!
Other choices include Imperial, Bath, Birmingham & Manchester.

Hey when did you get allocated? Did you make an open application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sassy01
Hey when did you get allocated? Did you make an open application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did make an open application, which I submitted a week before the deadline.
I was then sent an email by Trinity Hall a few days ago just acknowledging my application.
Original post by FusionNetworks
I did make an open application, which I submitted a week before the deadline.
I was then sent an email by Trinity Hall a few days ago just acknowledging my application.

Huh I haven't heard back yet, maybe I'll contact the admissions office to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sassy01
Huh I haven't heard back yet, maybe I'll contact the admissions office to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes do that. I think most Opens should have been allocated.

Have you checked your Junk/Spam folders....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Yes do that. I think most Opens should have been allocated.

Have you checked your Junk/Spam folders....

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK I've messaged them now, I checked my junk mail before sending nothing there. Hopefully I get a response soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Runner0204
I'm a Scottish reapplicant doing at YINI placement at Scottish power, I sat Highers and Advanced Highers.

Highers: 6A's (maths, physics, chemistry, English, design & manufacture, crashed modern studies)
Advanced Highers: 4A's (maths, physics, chemistry, crashed graphics)

Related activities: headstart at Cambridge, space school, 2 accelerate courses, Southampton design triathlon, York residential, LUMEN, awards in school, tutoring pupils at school, wider reading etc.

College: Jesus

Other unis: Imperial, UCL, Strathclyde, not decided on my 5th choice yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey what can you tell me about your experiance last year applying to johns?
Hi everyone I'm Applying to Churchill College for engineering

Would anyone be able to tell me if there is Simple Harmonic Motion in the ENGAA Syllabus - they are there in the PAT papers but since they are not covered in the Scottish System yet (will be covered in a couple months) I may have to self teach it to myself

I saw in the ENGAA syllabus that there is stuff to do with waves but however I couldn't see simple harmonic motion

If anyone could reply to this ASAP I would be very grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by onlyvips
Hi everyone I'm Applying to Churchill College for engineering

Would anyone be able to tell me if there is Simple Harmonic Motion in the ENGAA Syllabus - they are there in the PAT papers but since they are not covered in the Scottish System yet (will be covered in a couple months) I may have to self teach it to myself

I saw in the ENGAA syllabus that there is stuff to do with waves but however I couldn't see simple harmonic motion

If anyone could reply to this ASAP I would be very grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The specification for the ENGAA is very basic and looking at the sample paper they are not gonne bring any hard topics, they will just twist ad bend the easy stuff.
so no SHM
Original post by davozgenius
The specification for the ENGAA is very basic and looking at the sample paper they are not gonne bring any hard topics, they will just twist ad bend the easy stuff.
so no SHM

Thanks lot mate! You've answered a lot of my questions on a few different forums!
That's a relief

Where all are you applying and for what course?
Thanks lot mate! You've answered a lot of my questions on a few different forums!
That's a relief

Where all are you applying and for what course?

ya I am in the imperial thread.....

I am applying for engineering at cambridge and Aero Eng at Imperial, bristol , bath

And have you heard anything about the maths test at Imperial for Aero applicants? I have no idea what to prepare for
Original post by davozgenius
ya I am in the imperial thread.....

I am applying for engineering at cambridge and Aero Eng at Imperial, bristol , bath

And have you heard anything about the maths test at Imperial for Aero applicants? I have no idea what to prepare for

Supposedly we get a 30minute math test which is multiple choice. Has stuff like product rule etc.

Apparently the challenging thing is to get the questions answered in the time limit

How do u practise for the ENGAA paper? I've finished the sample paper... people say PAT is good but there's a lot of it that's not in ENGAA
Supposedly we get a 30minute math test which is multiple choice. Has stuff like product rule etc.

Apparently the challenging thing is to get the questions answered in the time limit

How do u practise for the ENGAA paper? I've finished the sample paper... people say PAT is good but there's a lot of it that's not in ENGAA

ive done all the PATs , lots of irelevant stuff on there
I'm revising for the ENGAA right now! I'm worried about how time consuming the questions are 😕 and also the space for workings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EllieBee98
I'm revising for the ENGAA right now! I'm worried about how time consuming the questions are 😕 and also the space for workings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too....
Do we lose marks for incorrect answers??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending