The Student Room Group

Are there any more career choices like these ?

Hello ,
I am studying Bsc Psychology with cognitive neuroscience and I'm a first year. I want to know what careers I can go into , with consideration that Im definitely going to study a Phd too. So basically I want the careers I want to go into to require a Phd and typically require a master in neuroscience. But if u have other suggestions I definitely want to hear !

So far I have spent hours researching and have gotten the following
- clinical neuropsychologist
-clinical neuropshictarist( Kcl)
- clinical neuroscientist ( kcl)
- Phd in psychological medicine ( kcl, no idea what career this leads to )
- neuropsychologist
- cognitive neuroscientist Or neuroscientist (dk the difference)
- counselling neuropsychologist - this is something I am really interested in , does this exist ?

The thing is I was supposed to study neuroscience but I didn't get the grades.
I want to go into a career that I could have gone into if I studied neuroscience Bsc if that makes sense. Which is why on the above choices there is a lot of neuro/ neuroscientist career choices.

Thank you !!!
Reply 1
Omgggg thank you for being so informative! What is the main difference between neuropsychology and cognitive neuroscience / neuroscience? Also how do you become a neuroscientist with a psychology degree?And last question !! Sorry 😭😭😭 also is there such a thing as counselling neuropsychology??

Thank you so much !! You've already been so helpful !
Reply 2
I'm tied between neuropsychologist and a clinical neuroscientist what would be the steps involved in becoming a a clinical neuroscientist .
Also I think I'll go into something that's more research/ clinical if that makes sense
Original post by neuroash
I'm tied between neuropsychologist and a clinical neuroscientist what would be the steps involved in becoming a a clinical neuroscientist .
Also I think I'll go into something that's more research/ clinical if that makes sense

A PhD and a job offer either in the NHS or some private health org

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Princepieman
A PhD and a job offer either in the NHS or some private health org

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phd in what ? And what major would u recommend ?
Original post by neuroash
Phd in what ? And what major would u recommend ?

Realistically, I think you should take a look on this website linked below:
https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

There is barely a career that isn't listed on that site. It also tells you what qualifications are generally needed, salaries, popularity of the job in recent years, etc.
Original post by ShannyMorrison
Realistically, I think you should take a look on this website linked below:
https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

There is barely a career that isn't listed on that site. It also tells you what qualifications are generally needed, salaries, popularity of the job in recent years, etc.

There are a fair amount of careers not listed and some of the information is inaccurate.For giving a general idea, however, it's great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
There are a fair amount of careers not listed and some of the information is inaccurate.For giving a general idea, however, it's great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In which case I'll straight up apologise for any inaccuracies I said, but I've truly never searched for a career on there and not found it. I guess OP needs to find out for themselves

As for the inaccurate information, I gathered that it was because it was based on national averages so there's only so much accuracy they could have anyway, but I'd say it's been a tremendous help.

I even discovered some careers I never even knew existed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending