The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else get the email about a large number of applications?
I'm in the Non-GCSE (Overseas) category so my equivalent qualifications, in lieu with the actual GCSE translates to 37/46 points (before PS screening).They needed at least 30/46 points for Non-GCSE (Overseas) applicants for the first screening. I guess I passed it, hopefully Plus, my PS is really solid after tallying it with the requirements set by Nottingham clearly. In fact, for the second screening, it wanted at least 32/46 points after the PS was factored in. Do you think I might have a chance to get an interview offer? Guys, do correct me if my maths is wrong on this lol.
Original post by jjcoolio
Anyone else get the email about a large number of applications?

I haven't got this email yet, I wonder if it might come tomorrow? If it's not too much bother would you mind summing up what it said please?

hello would you be able to copy and post part of the email here? i was just about to apply!!
I have applied but not get a confirmation email?!?
Original post by Eggymully
hello would you be able to copy and post part of the email here? i was just about to apply!!

The email basically just says that they will be while before they have an update for your application due to the large number of candidates applying.
Original post by elish2chambers
The email basically just says that they will be while before they have an update for your application due to the large number of candidates applying.

You can also see this on the MyNottingham Portal, which shows you the status of your application and any admission updates.
Amy I the only one who has not recivee a email from Nottingham even though I have applied?
How did you find GapMedics? I am thinking of going to Poland but I'm not sure if it is worth it?!

Original post by isabella1999
So true, here was me being so happy with my GCSE grades at the end of year 11 (10A* 3A's) then coming on here and seeing like "got 13A* 1A can I do medicine" and with UMS too for cambridge people be like "you need a 97 plus UMS average or your application is going in the bin" thankfully I did my own research and emailed admissions tutors etc to find out my real chances but just do not believe everything you see on TSR as the people on here normally are like the best of the best so do not be put off!
Original post by 82Lala82
How did you find GapMedics? I am thinking of going to Poland but I'm not sure if it is worth it?!

I found it great but I did go with a friend so it was more a holiday (though did learn a lot)! A lot of free time which was great and we were allowed to explore the city alone, interesting to try and get around when all the signs and buses and everything was in polish lol. The actual work experience was good!
Do you think i have a chance of interview

GCSE: 2A 6B 1C 1D
AS: EDBB
PREDICTED: AAA
UKCAT: 520 average
I don't plan to go with a friend! Is that an issue?!

Original post by isabella1999
I found it great but I did go with a friend so it was more a holiday (though did learn a lot)! A lot of free time which was great and we were allowed to explore the city alone, interesting to try and get around when all the signs and buses and everything was in polish lol. The actual work experience was good!
Original post by DariusVaselo
Do you think i have a chance of interview

GCSE: 2A 6B 1C 1D
AS: EDBB
PREDICTED: AAA
UKCAT: 520 average

It seems unlikely, but it depends on other factors too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 82Lala82
I don't plan to go with a friend! Is that an issue?!

I did Gap Medics alone and it definitely wasn't a problem - everyone was lovely
Thank-you!!
Original post by jjcoolio
I did Gap Medics alone and it definitely wasn't a problem - everyone was lovely
Does anyone know a rough idea of when they will let us know about interviews / when they did last year
Reply 117
Original post by Shauncol101
Does anyone know a rough idea of when they will let us know about interviews / when they did last year

By late November/ early December (earliest!). The email they sent out stated that they have until March to let us know
Reply 118
What does 'due date' mean on the checklist part of the MyNottingham Uni Portal? Anyone help?
Reply 119
Original post by yoyo24
What does 'due date' mean on the checklist part of the MyNottingham Uni Portal? Anyone help?

When a task they set you is due

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending