Original post by bluebell786
I am!

did u get an acknowledgement email?
where else did u apply? :smile:
Original post by koolgurl14

Hi there,

I've been waiting patiently for the acknowledgement email for a while since all the the other universities have sent them the day after my UCAS submission. I recently called to check they've received the application, and they informed me that they have as well as kindly stating that they will send a confirmation email very soon. I just received the email yesterday which I am glad about.

I've currently applied to the following dental uni's:
1) Kings College London
2) Manchester
3) Queen Mary
4) Queen Belfast

wbu?
Original post by koolgurl14

Yep I got an acknowledgement email a few days ago. I've applied to plymouth, bars, and liverpool alongside queens! you?
Yep I got an acknowledgement email a few days ago. I've applied to plymouth, bars, and liverpool alongside queens! you?

Nice choices ... mind sharing your stats (GCSE, AS, Ukcat) :smile:

plymouth, liverpool and dundee :smile:
Original post by Dental1234
Hi there,

I've been waiting patiently for the acknowledgement email for a while since all the the other universities have sent them the day after my UCAS submission. I recently called to check they've received the application, and they informed me that they have as well as kindly stating that they will send a confirmation email very soon. I just received the email yesterday which I am glad about.

I've currently applied to the following dental uni's:
1) Kings College London
2) Manchester
3) Queen Mary
4) Queen Belfast

wbu?

plymouth liverpool and dundee :smile:
Any one able to share their standing point?
Posted from TSR Mobile

In terms of (Gcse, AS, Predicted A2, UKCAT score)
I have 3A*s and 7 As at GCSE, not amazing I know as I know the majority of people applying to Queens have all A*s as they value them a lot. however the only reason I applied was because they receive hardly any applications in comparison to all other universities for dentistry. My total score is only 42 and the cutoff has previously been 28 and 32 so I am hopeful that it won't be any higher! My UKCAT is 1940 total and Band 1 SJ
My A2 predicted grades are A*A*A
you?
I have 3A*s and 7 As at GCSE, not amazing I know as I know the majority of people applying to Queens have all A*s as they value them a lot. however the only reason I applied was because they receive hardly any applications in comparison to all other universities for dentistry. My total score is only 42 and the cutoff has previously been 28 and 32 so I am hopeful that it won't be any higher! My UKCAT is 1940 total and Band 1 SJ
My A2 predicted grades are A*A*A
you?

Thats really good ....Im not sure how you worked out the points to be 42....I think the max is 42 points (9A* = 36 points, 2200+ = 6 points), I've attatched the pdf for what they use (specifically the scoring system)... Please correct me if i've made any mistakes as I would like to know... thanks :smile:
Thats really good ....Im not sure how you worked out the points to be 42....I think the max is 42 points (9A* = 36 points, 2200+ = 6 points), I've attatched the pdf for what they use (specifically the scoring system)... Please correct me if i've made any mistakes as I would like to know... thanks :smile:

Lol yeah sorry my score is only 34 it was a typo! And the cutoffs have been 32+28 in the past, so hopefully my score of 34 is enough! What are your stats?
Original post by samah786khan
Lol yeah sorry my score is only 34 it was a typo! And the cutoffs have been 32+28 in the past, so hopefully my score of 34 is enough! What are your stats?

also my username changed lol because I was using my sisters account! just made my own, just in case you were wondering whether I was the same person
also my username changed lol because I was using my sisters account! just made my own, just in case you were wondering whether I was the same person

Lool yhh thats kl, Im currently on a score of 36.... which I hope should be enough... I mean last years was 28... so im not expecting them to jump any more than 2 maby 3 points..... So I reckon getting 30-31 + is a safe zone.... I mean our year was quite hard in terms of GCSE and UKCAT so Im guessing not everyone did amazing...
Lool yhh thats kl, Im currently on a score of 36.... which I hope should be enough... I mean last years was 28... so im not expecting them to jump any more than 2 maby 3 points..... So I reckon getting 30-31 + is a safe zone.... I mean our year was quite hard in terms of GCSE and UKCAT so Im guessing not everyone did amazing...

That's true but a lot of the people I know applying have very high scores! Does everyone that's above the cutoff recieve an interview?
That's true but a lot of the people I know applying have very high scores! Does everyone that's above the cutoff receive an interview?

According to their selection process yes everyone above the cutoff score is invited to an interview. However their interview is going to be very challenging as they will have a lot of candidates and will need to differentiate between everyone.
Did anyone receive a criminal conviction letter??? I double checked UCAS and made sure I selected "no" for that option ... and all other uni's I applied to said nothing about this matter :s
Reply 18
Anyone had any response from Queen's? In their acknowledgement email they said that they interview around the 15th of Decemeber and once again in January, anyone received an interview invitation?
I've applied to Queens Belfast, Kings, Birmingham and Newcastle :smile:
GCSE 11A*
AS 4 As
Predicted 3 A*
UKCAT (2200 overall) 733 Band 2 SJT
Original post by Kiino
Anyone had any response from Queen's? In their acknowledgement email they said that they interview around the 15th of Decemeber and once again in January, anyone received an interview invitation?
I've applied to Queens Belfast, Kings, Birmingham and Newcastle :smile:
GCSE 11A*
AS 4 As
Predicted 3 A*
UKCAT (2200 overall) 733 Band 2 SJT

They interview in February too, but no I haven't heard anything!

Quick Reply