The Student Room Group

UKCAT for DENTISTRY 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DaVinciGirl
I think Kings may be better because I checked their 2013 lowest applicant UKCAT score on whatdotheyknow.com and the lowest score they accepted was 620.
With QMUL it's 50:50 ukcat and UCAS tariffs. They didn't mention much about personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

QMUL said on their Dental Open Day they only consider your personal statement in the interview stage, and I think a UKCAT of over 600 should be fine
Your score is still pretty decent, theres a table on http://www.applyingfordentalschool.co.uk/ukcat.html that kind of condenses some of the UKCAT info and might be useful to look at
Original post by one_punch_man
Those scores are great. I wish I were in your shoes haha. To be honest I don't know. I was thinking of the UKCAT-heavies but now... well.. :confused::confused: I am thinking of reorienting towards Plymouth, Liverpool and virtually any uni that does not require too much from my UKCAT. I'm waiting for the UKCAT stats to come out in October and if I'm too far below the average might as well just apply for something else or reapply.

Do you know what Liverpool look at or is it everything is taken into account? I've tried calling them and email them loads of times but received no answer :/
i got average of 690 and Band 1 but **** predicted grades CDD because i messed up AS... so I'm contemplating to apply or not to apply
You should apply but get ready to face rejection, then this year put your head down and work like stink and get the grades to get in. You can then take a gap year and you won't be disadvantaged as you still did your a-levels in a two year sitting and they can see that you are passionate because you applied the year before but got all rejection. I had the same problem last year but still applied and now its worked out quite well. The only down side is you will have to do the UKCAT again. You can also gain loads of experience in your gap year so will give you a competitive advantage at uni's that want good amounts of work experience. There is a list on this site that talks about the work experience required http://www.applyingfordentalschool.co.uk/university-requirements-.html, but its also a good idea to go on the uni website and check for yourself :smile:
Original post by ACockyDreamer
i got average of 690 and Band 1 but **** predicted grades CDD because i messed up AS... so I'm contemplating to apply or not to apply
Original post by sunnyrays07
Do you know what Liverpool look at or is it everything is taken into account? I've tried calling them and email them loads of times but received no answer :/

We would advise that when shortlisting for interview we would first check that the academic criteria has been met (achieved GCSE grades and predicted A level grades). For applicants who fulfil this criteria, we would then look at their UKCAT scores in conjunction with their Personal Statement. We do not have a set UKCAT score cut off point at Liverpool Dental School. The UKCAT scores (including the Situational Judgement Test) are considered along with the Personal Statement and academic attainments.
Reply 46
Hi,
I have applied to Cardiff, Bristol, Liverpool & Sheffield
My AS grades are 4A's and predicted A*AA
I have 2A*, 7A's, B & C at GCSE
and an average UKCAT score of 643 with Band 2 in SJT
will my GCSE grades and UKCAT score hold me back from getting an offer?
Original post by rosh2201
Hi,
I have applied to Cardiff, Bristol, Liverpool & Sheffield
My AS grades are 4A's and predicted A*AA
I have 2A*, 7A's, B & C at GCSE
and an average UKCAT score of 643 with Band 2 in SJT
will my GCSE grades and UKCAT score hold me back from getting an offer?

You should be fine with Bristol and Liverpool. Not sure about Cardiff though as they can be GCSE heavy. But it's too late to change now anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FavourFlavour
Hi I got the exact same average as u did 650 however I got Band 3. Do u think that this will put me to much of a disadvantage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I got an offer from Liverpool graduate entry last year with 633 and situational judgment 3, so don't worry. I've heard only band 4 puts you at a select disadvantage for most universities.
Does anyone know what the average UKCAT score was?
Original post by thomascook

By the way I have applied to Manchester, Cardiff, Bristol, Liverpool.

Hope it goes well!
Ive just had a look online also,
I've found this document, some of you have probably already seen it.

Its got the details regarding UKCAT dental school info, seem like a good read.

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/Using%20my%202016%20UKCAT%20Result.pdf
Ik it's early but any interviews, acknowledgments or rejections? I've heard that bham are already rejecting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

631 so it was actually lower than usual thank god!

Posted from TSR Mobile
By the way I have applied to Manchester, Cardiff, Bristol, Liverpool.

Hope it goes well!

Lol we applied to pretty much the same unis apart from Liverpool - I applied to Birmingham instead. XD
Is anyone doing the BMAT for Leeds, because it's actually ruining my life. Is anyone else finding it hard or am I just being thick ? lol
Original post by georginaowen14
Is anyone doing the BMAT for Leeds, because it's actually ruining my life. Is anyone else finding it hard or am I just being thick ? lol

Defo me! I hate it so much and everyone on the bmat thread are getting 5.6 or above and complaining it's too low 😭😭😭 I actually miss ukcat now 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 57
Yikes! Hope that goes well for you
Original post by rosh2201
Yikes! Hope that goes well for you

Thanks! Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17
Ik it's early but any interviews, acknowledgments or rejections? I've heard that bham are already rejecting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard nothing atm

Quick Reply

Latest