The Student Room Group

Afghan interpreter raped at knifepoint in Calais Jungle by migrants

http://uk.businessinsider.com/an-interpreter-was-raped-in-the-calais-jungle-2016-10

A 38 year old interpreter for a news channel was raped by three men of Pashtun origin in the Calais migrant camp known as the jungle.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by serions871
http://uk.businessinsider.com/an-interpreter-was-raped-in-the-calais-jungle-2016-10

A 38 year old interpreter for a news channel was raped by three men of Pashtun origin in the Calais migrant camp known as the jungle.

Many people from ultra-conservative countries believe that a woman without faith who does not dress "modestly" and does not obey a male family figure is almost worthless. I don't think this is surprising.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KingBradly
Many people from ultra-conservative countries believe that a woman without faith who does not dress "modestly" and does not obey a male family figure is almost worthless. I don't think this is surprising.

We need to import as many of these people as possible ASAP apparently. Maybe it was some of these 34 year-old children. Wonder what Lily Allen has to say about this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
What ****ing *******s. Shame on them.
Walking alone into a camp full of lonely men, from backward patriarchal countries of culture that despise women and moreover,
already famous for terrorising truck drivers. What else would you expect from them?
Original post by KimKallstrom
We need to import as many of these people ASAP apparently. Maybe it was some of these 34 year-old children. Wonder what Lily Allen has to say about this.

If it had happened to her she would have something to genuinely cry about.

Not that one would wish such an act by such savages on anyone, even her. :rolleyes:
Very sad to hear. Hope everyone stays safe out there
Original post by serions871

This makes me really sick, honestly how could you rape the very person who travels around the world to help you and you end up raping the poor woman. Those men that raped her should not be given any type of help and should be sent back to Afghanistan.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Tragic, if hardly surprising. A lot of these people are simply thugs who've had the strength/criminal connections to make it :rolleyes:

Or, maybe if you treat humans like scum of the earth, they act like scum of the earth? Would you really be surprised if a dog bit you after giving it repeated kickings?

Maybe the folks in the Jungle aren't thugs. Maybe they are people just like you and I seeking a better life, but forced through some of the most extreme experiences and situations.
Original post by ByEeek
Or, maybe if you treat humans like scum of the earth, they act like scum of the earth? Would you really be surprised if a dog bit you after giving it repeated kickings?

Maybe the folks in the Jungle aren't thugs. Maybe they are people just like you and I seeking a better life, but forced through some of the most extreme experiences and situations.

Are you trying to justify rape and their violent behaviour? You disgusting piece of scum. The Jewish people who were in concentration camps were treated much worse. Did you see any of them make areas a no go area because of violent behaviour?

And you're really comparing them to dogs? Humans are cleverer than dogs and their minds are a million times more complex.
Original post by ByEeek

You're actually trying to justify what they did? What the **** is wrong with you? People like you make me sick
It's funny how muslims are more upset about a woman having a scarf pulled off her head than they are by this.
Original post by ByEeek

You're not serious...

Are you saying their treated like sh*t is justification for rape?
Original post by ByEeek

Perhaps you could explain how they have been forced not to claim asylum in the first safe country outside the place they claim to have fled from? Who forced them to attack lorries? Who forced them to attack this interpreter?

Everything they have experienced in the Calais camp is through their own choice not to claim asylum correctly. They could be making a useful contribution to French society had they claimed asylum?

One the other hand many of them have attacked lorry and car drivers, exposing them to harm, delayed trains, attacked aid workers and interpreters (as here) and cause considerable trouble. Frankly, those people have already proved themselves to be the sort of immigrants we certainly don't want in Britain.
Original post by ByEeek

And this forces them to rape a women, right?

Original post by ByEeek

Or, maybe if you treat humans like scum of the earth, they act like scum of the earth?

You're partially right about one thing: they are what they are because the were rised in particular conditions, in particular culture, by people of particular "qualities". But we can't fix that, and certainly not by allowing them to break law. If you allow people to break law, they learn that they can do whatever they want, this is demoralising!

I need documents to travel around the world, and that's good, because authorities have right to be able to find out who I am, and am I dangerous or not. As well, If I go somewhere, I must behave properly and not to violate freedom of other people, no matter how angry or frustrated am I and this are very basics of social life.
An idea that someone rapes a woman because he's badly treated is sick dangerous. A person who acts like that, ought to end in prison, to make sure that he'll no longer be a threat for other people.
The only problem is, that for immigrants from particular places such as Somalia, our prisons may be prividing much better life conditions than freedom out there, so they would treat going to prison as a reward. Therefore the best thing to do is to sent them back.
This is exactly what happens when you let these scum in.

[video="youtube;rhqneAhyJkI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhqneAhyJkI[/video]
Original post by Longshot003
You're not serious...

Are you saying their treated like sh*t is justification for rape?

According to him yes.

Imagine how ****ing insecure you must be if you try to justify rape or even do the action.
Original post by Mr Moon Man
You're actually trying to justify what they did? What the **** is wrong with you? People like you make me sick

Not at all. What they did was horrendous. I do however take issue with the fact that the person I replied to used what these people did, expanded it to "these people" [immigrants in general] and then without basis incinuated they are all criminals and thugs.

I also feel that given the contempt with which the public in general feel towards certain migrants, is it any wonder incidents like this happen?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JohnGreek
I love how you go about defending the refugees and then make an analogy comparing them to dogs..

There is a something being explicable and something being acceptable. While you could suggest that their trauma, lack of privacy, lack of contact with women, etc. is the reason why they raped this poor interpreter, it's another thing entirely to say that this is an acceptable course of action.

In addition, I'd like to ask you how this woman ever "treated them like scum of the earth" (and therefore deserved the rape), and how on earth fleeing from a warzone and suffering from hardship along the way leads you to becoming a rapist. These men weren't raping her as a symbolic "**** you" to the West (hell, she's an Afghan after all), but because they are uninhibited and violent. Silly rape apologist.

Edit:
Please explain exactly how a headline in the Daily Mail or a private discussion 200 miles away in the confines of an internet forum somehow leads to these men having a greater propensity to rape.

See my post above.
Original post by JohnGreek
It doesn't answer either of my points. I never talked about stereotyping immigrants or refugees - that's just an ad hom on your part. You still haven't proven the causational link between how the public views refugees and them being more likely to rape someone.

I think we are crossing conversations / wires here. I broadly agree with what you say. However, my admittedly rather provocative initial response was to the following:

A lot of these people are simply thugs who've had the strength/criminal connections to make it

I have a problem with folks who tar all or most with the same brush based on the actions of one or two.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending