The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carlypower9
Last week I had a parents evening with my subject teachers and some of them have told me especially my chemistry, biology, physics and geography teachers that I need to start making notes from my books to revise from in year 11 now. I won't have time to make them in year 11 i'll want to be revising. On the good side 3 of my teachers have said they want a class full of me because I want to do well and I'm always doing the work and wanting to do more. By the way I'm aimed minimum 7s in all my subjects but all my teachers expect higher so 7s and 9s.
Edit: Also, my teachers have started talking about revision books. My geography teacher is going to be selling the OCR CGP revision guide and workbook cheaply at school and my English teacher has advised me in which ones to buy. For language I'm going to buy the CGP AQA revision guide and workbook.

With class notes, I compile them into a little book so that it's easier in year 11 for me to revise as the key information is all there
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
Make sure you explicitly show your working out so you can work out where you went wrong

Yeah I have and I've realised where I've gone wrong. My teacher has shown some examples and where I have gone wrong too.
With class notes, I compile them into a little book so that it's easier in year 11 for me to revise as the key information is all there

What I'll probably do is make notes on pieces of paper and put them in a binder with dividers so I can easily find each subject
Is anyone doing a home language? I think I might do Arabic.
Everyone died?
Everyone died?

Should become more active now, as it's half term :smile:
Reply 346
Have all you guys gotten your tests result?
For mine i got
Maths:5
Physics:6-
History:7
English lit: ...3
English lang:5
Ict: D-
r.e:6
P.e:6-

Ive done alright as some of the tests were full gcse papers.
Last week I had a parents evening with my subject teachers and some of them have told me especially my chemistry, biology, physics and geography teachers that I need to start making notes from my books to revise from in year 11 now. I won't have time to make them in year 11 i'll want to be revising. On the good side 3 of my teachers have said they want a class full of me because I want to do well and I'm always doing the work and wanting to do more. By the way I'm aimed minimum 7s in all my subjects but all my teachers expect higher so 7s and 9s.
Edit: Also, my teachers have started talking about revision books. My geography teacher is going to be selling the OCR CGP revision guide and workbook cheaply at school and my English teacher has advised me in which ones to buy. For language I'm going to buy the CGP AQA revision guide and workbook.

Year 11 here, have never copied up notes, my books are my notes - that's the point. What's the point of having books if you're just going to rewrite all the notes again anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BobBobson
Year 11 here, have never copied up notes, my books are my notes - that's the point. What's the point of having books if you're just going to rewrite all the notes again anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have a true point and I thought that but I think my teachers want it more condensed or in a different form to help revise from. Such as using colours because we are not allowed colours often in our books.
Original post by forre
Have all you guys gotten your tests result?
For mine i got
Maths:5
Physics:6-
History:7
English lit: ...3
English lang:5
Ict: D-
r.e:6
P.e:6-

Ive done alright as some of the tests were full gcse papers.

Don't stress over them too much as you still have two years to improve. I'm quite envious of your history grade.
You have a true point and I thought that but I think my teachers want it more condensed or in a different form to help revise from. Such as using colours because we are not allowed colours often in our books.

Why aren't you allowed colours? Our teacher encourages us to use colours
Original post by BobBobson
Why aren't you allowed colours? Our teacher encourages us to use colours

School policy. Some teachers allow you sometimes to use colour for important bits but the majority of our work has to be completed in black or blue. I work better in colour so when I have the chance to I do make notes in colour. This is why I take notes at home in colour to help me revise.
School policy. Some teachers allow you sometimes to use colour for important bits but the majority of our work has to be completed in black or blue. I work better in colour so when I have the chance to I do make notes in colour. This is why I take notes at home in colour to help me revise.

That sucks, have you asked the school why that's the case
That sucks, have you asked the school why that's the case

I haven't asked. I thinks it's just normal to everyone because it was like that in primary school and to my understanding all the schools in the area. However, since I'm on student council I may ask at our next meeting if students studying gcse can use colours more to aid revision. Thanks for make my me think 😊
I haven't asked. I thinks it's just normal to everyone because it was like that in primary school and to my understanding all the schools in the area. However, since I'm on student council I may ask at our next meeting if students studying gcse can use colours more to aid revision. Thanks for make my me think 😊

Dw every school has nonsensical rules. We have to ask to take our blazers off, that is the most stupid rule
Dw every school has nonsensical rules. We have to ask to take our blazers off, that is the most stupid rule

We have that rule to but it's not stuck to. Also we have to wear them at all times around school corridors unless it's summer and the principal declares we don't have to
We have that rule to but it's not stuck to. Also we have to wear them at all times around school corridors unless it's summer and the principal declares we don't have to

i DONT think he is here? like at home to reply :frown:
Original post by mayu123
i DONT think he is here? like at home to reply :frown:

For **** sakes, I'm a girl. What guy have you met called Zarah, it's obviously a girls name. I'm not constantly on tsr, I have a life. Just leave us alone please

I don't get teachers telling us to put our blazers on when they aren't wearing theirs
I don't get teachers telling us to put our blazers on when they aren't wearing theirs

Exactly