The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation near Collegiate Campus

Hi y'all,

I am due to start in January 2017 at the collegiate campus. Can anyone recommend any good areas that are wihin walking/short bus journey distance from the campus that don't cost an arm and a leg to live in?

Thanks.
Original post by Ilir1989
Hi y'all,

I am due to start in January 2017 at the collegiate campus. Can anyone recommend any good areas that are wihin walking/short bus journey distance from the campus that don't cost an arm and a leg to live in?

Thanks.

Hey, are you looking to live in one of our selected accommodation blocks or private renting? There are lots of places to rent around Collegiate Campus as it's a very student-orientated area. The main road, Ecclesall Road, has lots of flats and housing and there are streets and streets of student houses in the area too. The further out of town you go, the cheaper the property, but it depends how far you're willing to go.

Thanks,
Laura
(Official Hallam rep)
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hey, are you looking to live in one of our selected accommodation blocks or private renting? There are lots of places to rent around Collegiate Campus as it's a very student-orientated area. The main road, Ecclesall Road, has lots of flats and housing and there are streets and streets of student houses in the area too. The further out of town you go, the cheaper the property, but it depends how far you're willing to go.

Thanks,
Laura
(Official Hallam rep)

Selected accommodation would be easier if it is in my budget. I am moving up from Bournemouth so haven't figured out how I would look for private places haha. But I don't know if any would accept people in January.
Selected accommodation would be easier if it is in my budget. I am moving up from Bournemouth so haven't figured out how I would look for private places haha. But I don't know if any would accept people in January.

Great, well the majority of our accommodation is in walking distance to both our campuses. The closest ones are The Forge, Devonshire Courtyard, Victoria Hall and Washington House. Have a look at our website and you can see how far away they are from Collegiate Campus on the map and further details about each location. :smile:

Hope that helps! :smile:

Laura
Reply 4
Hi y'all,

Thanks.

Hi,
I have an ensuite room with a 3/4 available in The Forge. The contract is until 14th July 2017 and the cost is £112.50 per week. Please message me if you are interested.

Zahra
Original post by zahrac98
Hi,
I have an ensuite room with a 3/4 available in The Forge. The contract is until 14th July 2017 and the cost is £112.50 per week. Please message me if you are interested.

Zahra

Hi,

That's outside my budget, but thanks for the offer!
Reply 6
Hi,

That's outside my budget, but thanks for the offer!

No problem. Let me know if you change your mind, as it is one of the cheapest ensuite with 3/4 bed accommodations at Hallam and the closest to Collegiate campus (my course was based there too, so I walked from the accommodation to the campus many times) :smile:
Hi,
I have a double room in a student house just off Ecclesall road. There are 5 other people in the house, 3 boys and 2 girls. There is a shared kitchen, living room and 2 bathrooms. It is furnished, just needing bedding etc. £79.50 per week including bills (gas, electric, water, broadband, TV licence) plus £250 deposit. Contract runs until 10:30 1st July 2017.
Lucy

Quick Reply

Latest