The Student Room Group

Will I get rejected if I pick these as uni choices?

Just thought I'd start off by saying that if you're going to troll then do so elsewhere!

Sorry guys, I know you must have seen a million threads like this! I'm worried about getting rejected by two universities in particular

Predicted grades: ABB
Liverpool: ABB
Royal Holloway: AAB (for if I suddenly do amazing)
Portsmouth: BBB/BBC
Derby: BBC/BBB
Bedfordshire: 80 points (most likely BBU)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
wHAT COURSE!!!!!
Original post by littlemix012
Sorry guys, I know you must have seen a million threads like this! I'm worried about getting rejected by two universities in particular

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's only Royal Holloway I would worry about; you're advised not to apply to universities for which you don't meet the minimum requirements for. In this case, you've got ABB, but they ask for AAB, so there's a good chance of being rejected without much consideration.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might have a chance of being rejected by Holloway just because you don't meet their entry requirements.
You can look at the rates of acceptance at each of those unis. Type in the uni, your course and then look at which or whatuni. I don't see why you're worried given your predicted grades in relation to what they're asking for. Royal holloway asks for a grade above, which might mean you don't get in, but there is an option on ucas if you do better than you're predicted and want to trade up (it's called adjustment so you can have a google of that if you want).
Reply 5
People are so wrong here. I went through the application process last year and most universities will give offers to people with lower predicted grades than their requirement. Unless it's somewhere really competitive like Oxford, you will most likely get offers from all of those universities.
Reply 6
I'm not sure why people are so pessimistic here, you have 5 choices to apply for! My head of sixth form encouraged 3 or 4 inline with your predictions, maybe one slightly below and one choice that could be considered an aspirational choice.

The worst that RH will say is no, leaving you just four more choices to wait to hear back from. I'd say go for it.
Reply 7
They would all likely provide you with a conditional offer - that condition being that you meet their minimum entry requirements. However, there is always the risk that Royal Holloway may not provide you with an offer because you aren't predicted to meet their entry requirements. They may still offer you a conditional though so I would say it'd be worth the shot. If not, you always have the others to fall back on. Having one risky choice is fine! Use it to motivate yourself when it comes to studying and stuff. I say apply for them all.
Universities understand that people can achieve different than their predicted grades (for better or worse), considering yours are so close to Royal Holloway they may offer you on the basis that there is the chance you can improve your grades to meet their standards.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KnowledgeIsBest
wHAT COURSE!!!!!

Law and criminology, which is why I'm worried about Royal Holloway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you really need three choices well below your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Yes you will

Wow cheers for the support

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not feeling very confident at all about the exams if I'm honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got BCC at AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
It says on which uni that 83% of applicants receive offers, but that's for criminology and sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow cheers for the support

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anytime
It says on which uni that 83% of applicants receive offers, but that's for criminology and sociology

Then it's not applicable to your course...
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Then it's not applicable to your course...

Yeah I realised that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending