The Student Room Group

Am i the only one who hasn't finished their 1st draft of their personal statement?

Its so hard completing it! i feel so unmotivated + plus all the work A level to do
(have a pretty bad cold)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by goal101
Its so hard completing it! i feel so unmotivated + plus all the work A level to do
(have a pretty bad cold)

Lol. don't worry, you'll get it done when you have the pressure of the upcoming external deadline.
When we did ours (last year), I couldn't be bothered and wasn't 100% on what I wanted to do, so by the time I started my FIRST draft, it was like December... I got a LOT of nagging from staff; I must have been the last one to send off my UCAS, but I wasn't at any disadvantage after that. So take your timee, perfect it as much as you can. As long as it gets submitted by the UCAS (January) deadline, you should be fine :smile: Good luck
Reply 3
Original post by Terrificmagenta
Lol. don't worry, you'll get it done when you have the pressure of the upcoming external deadline.
When we did ours (last year), I couldn't be bothered and wasn't 100% on what I wanted to do, so by the time I started my FIRST draft, it was like December... I got a LOT of nagging from staff; I must have been the last one to send off my UCAS, but I wasn't at any disadvantage after that. So take your timee, perfect it as much as you can. As long as it gets submitted by the UCAS (January) deadline, you should be fine :smile: Good luck

Thankyou so much! Does this even go for the Russel group universities?

Posted from TSR Mobile
All unis (except for Oxbridge and for medicine) offer equal consideration, as long as you apply on or before 15th January
I haven't started mine yet. I have too much work to do at the moment. I plan to start it either the week coming, or the week after. Whenever I get these couple of essays done and handed in
Reply 6
Original post by goal101
(have a pretty bad cold)

not at all. I feel you so hard. I'm literally rushing it now so I can send it off before I go to America tomorrow morning ughhh
Trust me sweetheart, TSR is not the best to go by, half the people on here probably completed their final draft during their summer holidays.

I sent my application off after Christmas, does it effect your chances? Not in the slightest.

But you know what may effect your chances? If you rush your personal statement, take less time to perfect it, and submit a version you aren't happy with.
Original post by goal101

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.
Reply 9
Original post by Twinpeaks
Trust me sweetheart, TSR is not the best to go by, half the people on here probably completed their final draft during their summer holidays.

I sent my application off after Christmas, does it effect your chances? Not in the slightest.

But you know what may effect your chances? If you rush your personal statement, take less time to perfect it, and submit a version you aren't happy with.

Aww thankyou for your response makes me feel more at ease! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goal101

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. Not Oxbridge though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending