The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is a thread for Peterhouse applicants. Please join if you're applying to Peterhouse:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4369602
Original post by jneill
Different colleges have different forms but they will all be asking you to sign a data protection statement. It might be part of your Fee Status Form. Or it might be a standalone form, or it might be somewhere else.

Have you received any forms at all?

I'm applying to Caius as well and so far nothing from them - no confirmation, no data protection statement or fee status forms or anything..
Original post by webstorms
Do international applicants receive earlier notice regarding the interview (I applied to be interviewed in Cambridge)? - I'm assuming this would not be the case, however it would make a great difference booking a flight.

I asked that to an AT I think once and they said they would send a notice as early as they can for the international applicants. However it is going to be after the AA so beginning/mid november..
From where are you coming to Cambridge? :smile:
Original post by IcedArizona
I'm applying to Caius as well and so far nothing from them - no confirmation, no data protection statement or fee status forms or anything..

Original post by jneill
Different colleges have different forms but they will all be asking you to sign a data protection statement. It might be part of your Fee Status Form. Or it might be a standalone form, or it might be somewhere else.

Have you received any forms at all?

I've received nothing. Apparently other Caius applicants are the same... does seem a bit odd though...

Original post by Xiuchen
I've received nothing. Apparently other Caius applicants are the same... does seem a bit odd though...

Not odd at all. All colleges are different.

Yours will be in touch in due course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xiuchen

Maybe they'll send those after the AA or something idk :s-smilie:
But.. there's no need to worry about it tho cause every Caius applicant is in the same boat so I guess they just have a different way of sending those and a different schedule.
Original post by Xiuchen

No it doesn't. It seems perfectly normal. Colleges operate differently.
Reply 5267
Original post by ScotAntrop
I would definitely contact the college as they may be able to do something about this, but they are infamously inflexible on matters such as this.

Edit: In reply to the other guy I was president last year but still haven't taken it off and I was not intending to say that you shouldn't contact them asap as a matter of urgency I was just warning you against your implied assumption that it would be okay.

I was and am assuming nothing, believe me.
Original post by 1685
Thanks. College tomorrow it is then.

Do you have any news? :smile:
Reply 5269
Do you have any news? :smile:

Not much. I have phoned the college and was told to forward the submission acknowledgement to the SAQ admin email address, copying the college admissions email address. I have done that and am waiting for them to reply again.
Original post by 1685
Not much. I have phoned the college and was told to forward the submission acknowledgement to the SAQ admin email address, copying the college admissions email address. I have done that and am waiting for them to reply again.

Oh well okay, I really hope it gets sorted out :h:
I asked that to an AT I think once and they said they would send a notice as early as they can for the international applicants. However it is going to be after the AA so beginning/mid november..
From where are you coming to Cambridge? :smile:

Thanks :smile: I'm applying from South Africa; What about yourself?
Reply 5272
Oh well okay, I really hope it gets sorted out :h:

So do I.... I will update when I have any news.
Original post by webstorms
Thanks :smile: I'm applying from South Africa; What about yourself?

Oh you're a little bit farther away from Cambridge than me :biggrin: I'm coming from France

Btw is there a facebook group for Cambridge applicants 2017 or something?
Btw is there a facebook group for Cambridge applicants 2017 or something?

No, and if you see any. Don't join them, they're scams to help steal your info. You'll be added to an FB group once you get an offer and/or meet it by your college JCR team.
Original post by jneill
Not odd at all. All colleges are different.

Yours will be in touch in due course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe they'll send those after the AA or something idk :s-smilie:
But.. there's no need to worry about it tho cause every Caius applicant is in the same boat so I guess they just have a different way of sending those and a different schedule.

Original post by Zacken
No it doesn't. It seems perfectly normal. Colleges operate differently.

Thanks everyone.. I won't worry, I'll just wait patiently :smile:
Original post by Zacken
No, and if you see any. Don't join them, they're scams to help steal your info. You'll be added to an FB group once you get an offer and/or meet it by your college JCR team.

Oh okay thanks for the advice :smile:
Anyone applying to Emmanuel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Soo I am filling out the FSAQ atm - will an insurance bill from 2006 be okay for the older piece of evidence? My 'rents are struggling to come up with anything 3 years old.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
Well, best of luck. I'm sure you'll ace STEP this time around, now you haven't got a million exams in one year.

Are you doing any extra A-levels as well?

If an apple falls from a tree, and nobody is there to see it, does it fall?

You only count if I see you.

Hope you aren't applying for a science subject with that logic 😝

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest

Trending

Trending