The Student Room Group

LNAT Exam 2016

I have my LNAT test coming up in a matter of weeks, so does anyone have any advice or tips to succeed? I know that time isn't my friend, so how would I make the most of the time available?

Thank you for taking the time to respond.
You don't need time to be your friend will the LNAT in honesty. There is no possible revision.
Section 1: I would recommend as many past papers you can find
Section 2: Read newspaper articles to see how you can form an argument clearly and cohesively
Reply 2
Original post by Raventtt
You don't need time to be your friend will the LNAT in honesty. There is no possible revision.
Section 1: I would recommend as many past papers you can find
Section 2: Read newspaper articles to see how you can form an argument clearly and cohesively

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll make sure I do this, not that I haven't been doing so already!
Reply 3
I took the LNAT about 2 weeks ago, and I'm applying to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, KCL, and Bristol. Time really isn't an issue for the multiple choice section, I had about 20+ minutes to review my multiple choice questions. However, the essay does have time constraints. It really isn't that bad though, and if you spend 5 minutes planning out your argument, then you will be able to finish it. There is too much hype over the LNAT, it isn't a decisive factor in your application and although you should take it seriously, don't beat yourself up by 'studying' for it. I think it went quite well and I did 2 practice papers.
Reply 4
Original post by imat23
I took the LNAT about 2 weeks ago, and I'm applying to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, KCL, and Bristol. Time really isn't an issue for the multiple choice section, I had about 20+ minutes to review my multiple choice questions. However, the essay does have time constraints. It really isn't that bad though, and if you spend 5 minutes planning out your argument, then you will be able to finish it. There is too much hype over the LNAT, it isn't a decisive factor in your application and although you should take it seriously, don't beat yourself up by 'studying' for it. I think it went quite well and I did 2 practice papers.

I'm also applying for Cambridge, as well as Durham and Bristol, both of which require the LNAT.

That's good to know, so the MCQ section isn't as bad as some make it out to be then. I'll do my best for my essay, it's just that it can be difficult to formulate an opinion in a matter of minutes under time pressure. I found your response very helpful; it couldn't have come any sooner as I'm taking my LNAT tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending