The Student Room Group

triple science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by ThatNerd
Hey guys,

So I'm in Year 11, did Core science GCSE last year and i'm doing additional science this year but haven't started doing any work for triple. Do you think I would be able to complete it within this year?

If you do lots of revision i guess how do you revise ?
Looks like I'll be the only one in my schools doing triple science. I'm doing lots of revision at home, especially with www.my-GCSEscience.com He is great! My school is still going over unit 2 stuff (I'm on AQA) and I'm sitting the exam this year. I go to a tutor after school class every Monday and am currently working my way through P3 with them.

Any advice?
Reply 182
Original post by Atominator
Looks like I'll be the only one in my schools doing triple science. I'm doing lots of revision at home, especially with www.my-GCSEscience.com He is great! My school is still going over unit 2 stuff (I'm on AQA) and I'm sitting the exam this year. I go to a tutor after school class every Monday and am currently working my way through P3 with them.

Any advice?

What book do you use for Science AQA because i am doing it as well i go to a tutor every Monday from 7:15 to 9:00 U?
Reply 183

Any advice?

Have you done a topic test in physics about energy ? If you have already was it easy and do you know where i can revise from ?
Reply 184
Original post by LewisTindall
probably literature as I'm finding it much harder, only got a B in my assessments...

if i get the hang of lit again, psychology or sociology

Have you done any tests in school ?
Original post by mayu123
Have you done a topic test in physics about energy ? If you have already was it easy and do you know where i can revise from ?

I'm using the Oxford AQA Science books. I've got the separate science books, to cover all topics (Physics, Chemistry and Biology). Is the test from P1? If so, you can get the core science topics for free on my-gcsescience.com and you can watch all energy videos. If it's from P2/P3, then you'll have to pay, but it's worth it. You can always use YouTube for specific topics.
Reply 186
I'm using the Oxford AQA Science books. I've got the separate science books, to cover all topics (Physics, Chemistry and Biology). Is the test from P1? If so, you can get the core science topics for free on my-gcsescience.com and you can watch all energy videos. If it's from P2/P3, then you'll have to pay, but it's worth it. You can always use YouTube for specific topics.

do you have gcsescience and have you done a test about energy and also do you go the same tutor as me its from 7 to 9 ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mayu123
do you have gcsescience and have you done a test about energy and also do you go the same tutor as me its from 7 to 9 ?

No, my tutor is from 18:45 to 19:45. I have done a test in school before about energy. I'm not sure what you mean by gcsescience.
Reply 188
No, my tutor is from 18:45 to 19:45. I have done a test in school before about energy. I'm not sure what you mean by gcsescience.

like www.gcsescience do you have the school code for it and how did you find the energy test do you remember topics to revise please Many thanks
Original post by mayu123
like www.gcsescience do you have the school code for it and how did you find the energy test do you remember topics to revise please Many thanks

No, I don't have a school code. If you go to http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/physics-4403/past-papers-and-mark-schemes you can find past papers and mark schemes, but make sure you don't cheat the test. Hope it helps
Reply 190
No, I don't have a school code. If you go to http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/physics-4403/past-papers-and-mark-schemes you can find past papers and mark schemes, but make sure you don't cheat the test. Hope it helps

ohh k thanks do you know any1 who does have a school code?
Original post by mayu123
ohh k thanks do you know any1 who does have a school code?

No, sorry, I can't help you there. Doesn't your school have a code?
Reply 192
No, sorry, I can't help you there. Doesn't your school have a code?

ohh okay well i dont know
Original post by mayu123
What you guys Doing in Triple Science GCSE xD

So far i did x-rays ultrasounds,the eye.lenses,hydraulics etc i nearly finished doing all the content for physics i just have transformers left to do and thats it and were moving onto biology.
Also I forgot to mention in my school we did core in year 9 and additional in year 10 so now for 4 lessons of the week 5 hours we go over all the content for biology core and additional and we have weekly tests and then we move onto covering all the chemistry content core and additional and then physics core and additional and i have 4 other lessons just for triple content so in total i have 8 science lesson per week 4 for core/additional 4 for triple so 5 hours for core/additional and 5 hours triple content.
Reply 195
Original post by Anonymous1502
Also I forgot to mention in my school we did core in year 9 and additional in year 10 so now for 4 lessons of the week 5 hours we go over all the content for biology core and additional and we have weekly tests and then we move onto covering all the chemistry content core and additional and then physics core and additional and i have 4 other lessons just for triple content so in total i have 8 science lesson per week 4 for core/additional 4 for triple so 5 hours for core/additional and 5 hours triple content.

have you done tests for biology chemistry or physics i have done all of it
Reply 196
So far i did x-rays ultrasounds,the eye.lenses,hydraulics etc i nearly finished doing all the content for physics i just have transformers left to do and thats it and were moving onto biology.

do you have separate teachers for each subjects
Original post by mayu123
do you have separate teachers for each subjects

For core and additional one teacher teaches me the content and for physics and half of biology another teacher teachers me the content and for chemistry and other half of biology for triple i will have another teacher. So for core and additional the same teacher teaches em all the content (teacher A) for physics and half of biology in triple (teacher b) and for chemistry and other half of biology for triple (teacher c)
Original post by mayu123
have you done tests for biology chemistry or physics i have done all of it

Yeah i done all the ISA's hopefully i got full marks.
Reply 199
Yeah i done all the ISA's hopefully i got full marks.

was it easy?

Quick Reply

Latest