The Student Room Group

Inorganic vs Organic Chemistry (AS/A Level)

Which do you find easiest?

I find organic easier but I have no problem with inorganic until the maths come in + hydrogen spectrum stuff.
In my AS I got a C in inorganic and an A for organic. Currently in A2, we have started organic first but as I flick past the inorganic stuff in my book, it all looks scary. Is A2 inorganic much harder than AS?
I found inorganic easier but organic far more interesting. Most of the inorganic I did at A level was fairly easy: it was centred around titrations and transition metal complexes.
Inorganic chemistry is piss easy compared to organic at A2. Mostly just basic maths and writing equations. (I'm putting physical and inorganic together, since with my papers, they're merged into one unit).

Organic chemistry is fun, once you understand the reasons why the reactions happen, and what conditions and reagents are used for them. It's definitely harder than inorganic/physical, particularly when starting it in Y12/Y13.

Inorganic/physical just requires understanding with a bit of memory. Organic requires understanding and a lot more memory, with regards to tests, mechanisms, naming etc.
Original post by valbrechts
Which do you find easiest?

I find organic easier but I have no problem with inorganic until the maths come in + hydrogen spectrum stuff.
In my AS I got a C in inorganic and an A for organic. Currently in A2, we have started organic first but as I flick past the inorganic stuff in my book, it all looks scary. Is A2 inorganic much harder than AS?

Hydrogen spectrum? Did you do WJEC lol?
Reply 4
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Hydrogen spectrum? Did you do WJEC lol?

Yeah hahah

Quick Reply

Latest