The Student Room Group

2017 - Asset Management/ Graduate Schemes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by tarmangue
May I ask when you applied to Baillie Gifford and for which programme?

Investment Management and I applied a month ago.
Reply 101
Original post by TKSR123
wth....do they usually close so early or is this due to their troubles in the US?

hoping it wont last until next year....that would be an ice age....

yeah i'm guessing so :/. theyre trying to find ways not to pay cash bonuses so im guessing it's pretty bad
Reply 102
Original post by MichelT
Investment Management and I applied a month ago.

was that the trainee fund manager stream/role?
Has anyone heard back from blackrock for equities/multi asset?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tunza1
anyone else just get an email from DB saying their program was full already?! guess their freeze just came into effect :lol:

Which division. I applied for AM no email so far,.
Original post by dave788
Which division. I applied for AM no email so far,.

Applied to am as well and got the email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone done the Schroders video interview? What sort of questions do they ask?
Original post by souman
Applied to am as well and got the email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you applying for the DB Graduate AM role. I am applying for the DB 2017 AM intern position for penultimate year students. Maybe that is the reason I did not get an email.
Reply 108
Original post by dave788
Are you applying for the DB Graduate AM role. I am applying for the DB 2017 AM intern position for penultimate year students. Maybe that is the reason I did not get an email.

yeah probably is, mine was for grad role also
Reply 109
I completed the Schroder's video interview on 9th October. Still haven't heard back but when I go on my online profile my application submission status is appearing as 'withdrawn' as of 10th October. Anyone having a similar issue?
Reply 110
Has anyone done the Schroders video interview? What sort of questions do they ask?

I got asked the following:

1) What are 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses you have?
2) What is commercial awareness and why is it important in investment decision making
3) What business would you invest in and why?
4) Name a hobby of yours and how you have developed your interest in it

There was one more which I can't remember. Hope this helps
just got a similar notice from deutsche....just as i was about to submit my application too!!!
Reply 112
Original post by sdn350
I completed the Schroder's video interview on 9th October. Still haven't heard back but when I go on my online profile my application submission status is appearing as 'withdrawn' as of 10th October. Anyone having a similar issue?

In terms of the status, mine is the same (withdrawn on the 10th) so I think that they did it for everyone, and from then on all the communication is via email so there's no point checking your profile. I'm currently waiting post OPQ (video itw completed on the 15th Oct).
Reply 113
Btw, for those still waiting on Fidelity, for sales and marketing hr will start reviewing apps next week, first rounds mid Nov, AC on the 1st Dec. For equities they should be well ahead in the process atm due to the amount of people applying. For the others, I'm guessing that it should be similar to sales and marketing. I hope this helps.
Original post by sdn350
I got asked the following:

1) What are 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses you have?
2) What is commercial awareness and why is it important in investment decision making
3) What business would you invest in and why?
4) Name a hobby of yours and how you have developed your interest in it

There was one more which I can't remember. Hope this helps

Saw this too late. Bombed it.
Reply 115
Original post by Acqua
In terms of the status, mine is the same (withdrawn on the 10th) so I think that they did it for everyone, and from then on all the communication is via email so there's no point checking your profile. I'm currently waiting post OPQ (video itw completed on the 15th Oct).

Ok thanks, thought it might have been a subtle rejection. Best of luck!
Reply 116
Saw this too late. Bombed it.

Don't know if it helps but I think majorly bombed mine too! Hopefully its one of those were we've done better than we think.
Reply 117
Original post by sdn350
Ok thanks, thought it might have been a subtle rejection. Best of luck!

I thought so too until I received my video itw invite haha. Good luck to you as well!
Reply 118
Original post by bcg22
You never know, the timing of these things can be so weird. Fingers crossed though

Hi again, I still haven't heard from HSBC, just the "we haven't forgotten about you emails". I was wondering where you're at in the process.
Reply 119
Original post by Acqua
Hahaa 'bearish', that's a nice way to put it! I did mine on the 15th so it might be that they're reviewing grads first so be a bit more bullish :wink:. I was surprised to get the OPQ invite as it hasn't been mentioned anywhere, not even on the application process page, and I find it weird that it's the stage after the video interview (assuming that they are not reviewing the video itw alongside the OPQ).

You were right, I should have been more bullish :smile: Just got my OPQ test today! No idea what this means though - is it a norman SJT or is it a different format? Thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest