The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer Holiday

Hi,
Recently had an interview with M&S and to my understanding you get 28 days holiday, how does it work?
Like I was told I would get a job offer soon but want to go on holiday for a weekend, I wanted to know whether I could use the days off I get to go as I don't know whether I will be working weekends or not?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Truee123
Hi,
Recently had an interview with M&S and to my understanding you get 28 days holiday, how does it work?
Like I was told I would get a job offer soon but want to go on holiday for a weekend, I wanted to know whether I could use the days off I get to go as I don't know whether I will be working weekends or not?

Thanks
I would think the 28 days will relate to the full year which runs ( i think until the end of December) so you would only get a part of these days. When you start you will have access to their people system which allows you to request days off. I would imagine that in your contracted hours a Saturday or Sunday will be included. I should add that most stores do not allow staff to have holidays in December due to it being a peak trading period .
Reply 2
Original post by Tbear46
I would think the 28 days will relate to the full year which runs ( i think until the end of December) so you would only get a part of these days. When you start you will have access to their people system which allows you to request days off. I would imagine that in your contracted hours a Saturday or Sunday will be included. I should add that most stores do not allow staff to have holidays in December due to it being a peak trading period .

Thanks for the info, so say I just started would I be able to request holidays now?
Reply 3
Original post by Truee123
Thanks for the info, so say I just started would I be able to request holidays now?

Yes go onto the people system and request what you need it will show you your current entitlement
Reply 4
Original post by Tbear46
Yes go onto the people system and request what you need it will show you your current entitlement

Thank you!

Quick Reply