The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Careerchab91
Hey! I have an AC at HSF next week. Any advice would be HUGELY appreciated. I am really nervous!

Ah when did you get this through? I applied ages ago but haven't heard anything from them yet..
Original post by bj_945
Ah when did you get this through? I applied ages ago but haven't heard anything from them yet..

Wednesday last week. I might be a bit different though as I had applied for a TC and got an email telling me I was unsuccessful but to apply for the winter scheme. My app seems to have gone through really quickly but I have seen that lots of other people are still yet to hear - don't worry!
Stupid question but when you have to upload a cover letter as part of an app should it be set out as a formal letter (e.g addresses etc)?
Wednesday last week. I might be a bit different though as I had applied for a TC and got an email telling me I was unsuccessful but to apply for the winter scheme. My app seems to have gone through really quickly but I have seen that lots of other people are still yet to hear - don't worry!
OK, cheers for the info. Well done and good luck! I am as clueless as you as to what will happen on it though as I have never done an Assessment Centre. I also have one at Simmons and Simmons in two weeks.Does anyone have any experience of Assessment Centres generally?
Stupid question but when you have to upload a cover letter as part of an app should it be set out as a formal letter (e.g addresses etc)?

If it's part of an online application form don't bother with addresses. Just do 'Dear x' and 'Yours sincerely'.
Original post by J-SP
Just apply! What have you got to lose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am in my final year, so if I get rejected from a vac scheme at a given firm, I won't be able to re-apply for a TC. A pretty big opportunity to lose, right? :frown:
Submitted my Simmons application 2 days ago and I've not been sent a test yet, is this normal?
Reply 487
Does anyone know what the A Level grade requirements for Norton Rose Fulbright's Vac Schemes are?
Does anyone know how long it usually takes HSF to let you know whether or not you've reached the percentile they require for the VR test?
Original post by 1996KK
Does anyone know what the A Level grade requirements for Norton Rose Fulbright's Vac Schemes are?

I think they've scrapped the a-level requirement
Original post by xxblue
Does anyone know how long it usually takes HSF to let you know whether or not you've reached the percentile they require for the VR test?

Yeah I haven't heard back either :/ when did you take the test?
Is everything still quiet from A&O for Winter Schemes?
Original post by neal95
Just signed up for a addleshaw Goddard "how to get a training contract" event at my uni so will attend that and then put in an app. In other news, still radio silence wih regards to Hogan Lovells and Burges Salmon said I will find out by 4th November if I'm being invited to an AC.

Hi,

For Burges Salmon, how much detail did you go into for work experience? They say no more than 150 words, right now I have around 75 words each in bullet point form on my CV. Would bullet points be acceptable? And if the key details are covered, do you think it's better to keep it brief rather than trying to fill space?

Thanks a lot!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SarahUniversity
Submitted my Simmons application 2 days ago and I've not been sent a test yet, is this normal?

Same here - I suppose something has bugged out or they may make an initial review of the applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Wire
Hi,

For Burges Salmon, how much detail did you go into for work experience? They say no more than 150 words, right now I have around 75 words each in bullet point form on my CV. Would bullet points be acceptable? And if the key details are covered, do you think it's better to keep it brief rather than trying to fill space?

Thanks a lot!

hi, personally i did it in prose but i cant see it being an issue if its done in bullet point format. the word count is pretty short iirc but you shouldnt purposefully waffle just for the sake of it
got an interview for slaughter and may in january :biggrin: but rejected from simmons and simmons because of that bloody test haha
Original post by ma475
Yes, interview invite today. Absolutely bricking it.

me too! when is your interview? :smile:
Original post by shaminn
Is everything still quiet from A&O for Winter Schemes?

Yep. I've not heard a peep.
Original post by Joris_Bohnson
Yep. I've not heard a peep.

Glad to hear I'm not alone, starting to get wrestless twidling my thumbs!
Original post by aspriringlawyer
Yeah I haven't heard back either :/ when did you take the test?

I only took it yesterday but I just assumed that you if I failed the VRT, I would get an automatic ''sorry we are not progressing your app to the next stage''.. I guess we will have to wait and seeee

What about you? When did you take it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending