The Student Room Group

1900 vs 2016

In the year of our Lord 1900, China erupted in political revolt. The West-hating Boxer rebels rampaged throughout Chinese cities, killing Westerners and Christian converts, and storming foreign Legations in the city of Peking. This merciless assault on the West by the xenophobic Chinese Boxers was answered by a coalition of the United States, Britain, France, Russia, Germany, Italy and Austria-Hungary, who sent troops to relieve Peking and crush the Boxers once and for all. Wilhelm II gave the following speech to troops leaving the German port of Bremerhaven on July 27th, 1900:

“Should you encounter the enemy, he will be defeated! No quarter will be given! Prisoners will not be taken! Whoever falls into your hands is forfeited. Just as a thousand years ago the Huns under their King Attila made a name for themselves, one that even today makes them seem mighty in history and legend, may the name German be affirmed by you in such a way in China that no Chinese will ever again dare to look cross-eyed at a German.”

In the past few years, hundreds, even thousands of Christians in the Middle East have been slaughtered by Islamic extremists. Western embassies are attacked without repercussions. Ambassadors are killed. Western civilians are kidnapped. Aid workers are beheaded. And yet we do nothing.

Why is it that I want to go back to the year 1900?

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cato the Elder

Why is it that I want to go back to the year 1900?

idk?maybe you like the numbers of 1900?:biggrin:
Original post by tamil fever
idk?maybe you like the numbers of 1900?:biggrin:

You don't get the point of the post.
Original post by Cato the Elder
You don't get the point of the post.

too long i didn't read:biggrin:
Reply 4
The 20th century was awful for Christians. Millions upon millions killed. Most by the bolshevik terrorists but they were other instances of brutal mass murder in the old Byzantine lands for example.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending