The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
Tube to Coventry?

Once you get to Cov station, you need to walk straight out and then turn left along this concrete passage way that runs parallel with the train lines (it's sign-posted Warwick road). Up some steps this takes you to a bus stop. You want the No 12 and this takes you right into the centre of campus, wait until you go past Costcutters on your left and the Arts Centre on your right before you get off (otherwise you might end up right on the edge of campus).
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
LH
Tube to Coventry?

Once you get to Cov station, you need to walk straight out and then turn left along this concrete passage way that runs parallel with the train lines (it's sign-posted Warwick road). Up some steps this takes you to a bus stop. You want the No 12 and this takes you right into the centre of campus, wait until you go past Costcutters on your left and the Arts Centre on your right before you get off (otherwise you might end up right on the edge of campus).
ok thanks :smile: i'm making my way to the social studies foyer btw, how far within the campus is it?
Reply 3
trxy
ok thanks :smile: i'm making my way to the social studies foyer btw, how far within the campus is it?

it will only take you about 5 mins from the bus stop. You might need to ask directions though because it's a bit complicated.
LH
it will only take you about 5 mins from the bus stop. You might need to ask directions though because it's a bit complicated.

yeah or stalk other open day vistors thats wat i did. :smile: I think I went from lepton last time though instead of coventry. Which ones easiest (ment to be going up next wed)?
You want the bus stop right opposite the Central 6 shopping centre-- if you can see Burger King across the road, you're at the right bus stop.
Reply 6
spunkym0nkey
yeah or stalk other open day vistors thats wat i did. :smile: I think I went from lepton last time though instead of coventry. Which ones easiest (ment to be going up next wed)?

lol i might end up doing that :smile: im going this wed too (tomorrow!) thanx for the replies guys.

another thing...anyone know how much the ticket costs from euston to coventry? i cant find it on the site :confused: i'll just take more money with me i guess.
trxy
lol i might end up doing that :smile: im going this wed too (tomorrow!) thanx for the replies guys.

another thing...anyone know how much the ticket costs from euston to coventry? i cant find it on the site :confused: i'll just take more money with me i guess.

Im afraid this is not very helpfull but u should have bought the ticket a wile ago it costs about half usaully if u give a long times notice. Just a thought 4 ur next open day :p:
Reply 8
spunkym0nkey
Im afraid this is not very helpfull but u should have bought the ticket a wile ago it costs about half usaully if u give a long times notice. Just a thought 4 ur next open day :p:
aw :frown: i wasnt even aware of a route till recently lol thanks 4 the heads up though. experience eh :p:

so how much did you get your reduced ticket for?
Reply 9
Booking tickets in advance generally makes them cheaper (www.thetrainline.co.uk or something similar if you're lazy like me and can't be bothered to get all the way to the train station!). However, if you travel at the right times of day (i.e. not at rush hour) you can get from Leamington to London Marylebone (return) for around £10 with a Young Person's Railcard... I forget if they still do a similar priced ticket on the Coventry-London Euston trains.
Jenn xx
JennLlama
Booking tickets in advance generally makes them cheaper (www.thetrainline.co.uk or something similar if you're lazy like me and can't be bothered to get all the way to the train station!). However, if you travel at the right times of day (i.e. not at rush hour) you can get from Leamington to London Marylebone (return) for around £10 with a Young Person's Railcard... I forget if they still do a similar priced ticket on the Coventry-London Euston trains.
Jenn xx

Is that £10 at the station, i.e. not booked in advanced? Because its always cost me ~£25 return (with railcard) at least, from London Kings Cross <-> Coventry.
Reply 11
El Matematico
Is that £10 at the station, i.e. not booked in advanced? Because its always cost me ~£25 return (with railcard) at least, from London Kings Cross <-> Coventry.

Yeah, that's a walk-up fare. Think they call it "Just 15" or something (cos it's £15 without a railcard!). In fact, here's a link: http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/content.php?nID=106.
I didn't know you could go directly from Kings Cross to Coventry :redface:
Jenn xx
Ah, thanks. I think its Coventry - London Euston actually, not Kings Cross. My mistake. Im not sure why im getting charged £25+ to get to London then. Thanks
trxy
aw :frown: i wasnt even aware of a route till recently lol thanks 4 the heads up though. experience eh :p:

so how much did you get your reduced ticket for?

£25 from St Albans on the North East of London (go into London and back out) friend whent to sheffield today left only 1 day in advance and it cost him £70 :p: (I was the friendly voice telling him he should have bought it when I did:smile: )

Saying all this I bought a ticket to Warwick instead of other two what an idiot :rolleyes: .
Reply 14
£70 to Sheffield!? You can go from Cov to Manchester for £11.60 if you book at the right times.
Reply 15
Megabus all the way - very cheap and stops outside Tesco - Cannon Park (edge of Campus) not sure which London Station it departs from - check the website.

OR train and number 12 from Cov station.
Reply 16
elvliz
Megabus all the way - very cheap and stops outside Tesco - Cannon Park (edge of Campus) not sure which London Station it departs from - check the website.

OR train and number 12 from Cov station.

it leaves from victoria greenline... and its super cheap and quite ok if you get the chairs up front with the table... stops at the bus station and you can catch the no.12 right there which takes you to uni.. keep in mind that buses there for reasons unknown accept only very exact change!!
Reply 17
can get return for 15 pounds from leamington to... one of central london stations and from leam you can get the uni bus to central campus I's say that is the cheapest/easiest :smile:
Reply 18
^ overground (train) btw

Latest