The Student Room Group

Deloitte Post Offer

Hi, I got an offer on the grad scheme at Deloitte&Touche back in Jan and signed and sent back the initial contract. I read on another forum that the firm carries out a background check through a company called verifile and they send you documents that you have to sign and return with the contract but I never received those. I want to ask people who are currently working at the firm/have accepted the offer whether this is actually true and when im supposed to receive these documents? It was actually surprising for me since they asked for all my original documents at the assessment center and even made copies of those.

Thanks!
Reply 1
check your pm

Adam
Reply 2
i got an offer for the SVS scheme and had to go through the same background check process. Basically verifile will email you asking for a reference (someone whom you worked for or has known you for over 5 years)...you fill up some online questionaire and thats it i think
Reply 3
alinaee
i got an offer for the SVS scheme and had to go through the same background check process. Basically verifile will email you asking for a reference (someone whom you worked for or has known you for over 5 years)...you fill up some online questionaire and thats it i think

thanks for the reply... is SVS the scholar scheme? With regards to the references Deloitte has already asked my nominated referees to answer various questions etc via email which they have already done so but no mention of verifile anywhere... maybe its different for the graduate scheme I dunno...and whats the online questionaire about? thanks :biggrin:
Reply 4
I think I am at the same stage at you. I have already graduated and got my offer in December - I took all my certificates and passport to the Assessment Day and they were photocopied. I've not been asked to do anything else yet.
Reply 5
I'm in the same situation too! If anyone can shed some light on this matter that'd be great.
I got an offer in Jan, and got contacted by Verifile who asked me for reference contact details. I didn't get asked to do any sort of questionnaire or anything like that. I presume that process is complete because I got an e-mail from Deloitte last week asking me which audit group I would like to join!

My passport and certificates got copied at the assessment centre. I presume they don't need to do it again!

I notice on these Deloitte threads that some people seem a bit panicky about what to do, or whether you're 'missing out' on something. I think maybe if we've got offers we should relax a bit more! All the hard work of getting into the firm is over! If there was any significant problem I'm sure they'd contact us. Hope to meet all of you who are joining in London this autumn soon, and those of you joining in any other part of the UK at some other Deloitte event!

Latest

Trending

Trending