Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Joint honours a disadvantage for oxbridge masters?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a long way off but it's just out of pure interest. Are your chances of getting onto a History Masters at Ox or Cam decreased if you only have a joint honours in History? It will hopefully have a degree from Cam but it will be a joint honours so not sure that's going to give me many brownie points should I ever want to so this. Just looking for an honest answer. Don't mind too much if it's a big disadvantage, but if it isn't, great! lol.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tony_ron)
    I know it's a long way off but it's just out of pure interest. Are your chances of getting onto a History Masters at Ox or Cam decreased if you only have a joint honours in History? It would hopefully be a degree from Cam but not sure that's going to give me any extra brownie points should I ever want to so this. Just looking for an honest answer. Don't mind too much if it's a big disadvantage, but if it isn't, great! lol.
    As far as I know there's no reason why the fact that you're doing a joint undergraduate degree should decrease your chances of getting onto any masters programme. Not in itself, anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What she says + especially if you do well with your Cam degree.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right, cool - thanks guys!!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    *points at sig*

In a word, no.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I am studying joint honours Earth and Ocean Science. Do you think this will put me at a disadvantage compared to pure Earth Science students when applying for MSc Earth Science?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 1, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Postgraduate Education Guide

Quick Link:

Unanswered Postgraduate Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.