The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Joint honours a disadvantage for oxbridge masters?

I know it's a long way off but it's just out of pure interest. Are your chances of getting onto a History Masters at Ox or Cam decreased if you only have a joint honours in History? It will hopefully have a degree from Cam but it will be a joint honours so not sure that's going to give me many brownie points should I ever want to so this. Just looking for an honest answer. Don't mind too much if it's a big disadvantage, but if it isn't, great! lol.
Reply 1
tony_ron
I know it's a long way off but it's just out of pure interest. Are your chances of getting onto a History Masters at Ox or Cam decreased if you only have a joint honours in History? It would hopefully be a degree from Cam but not sure that's going to give me any extra brownie points should I ever want to so this. Just looking for an honest answer. Don't mind too much if it's a big disadvantage, but if it isn't, great! lol.

As far as I know there's no reason why the fact that you're doing a joint undergraduate degree should decrease your chances of getting onto any masters programme. Not in itself, anyway.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
What she says + especially if you do well with your Cam degree.
Reply 3
Right, cool - thanks guys!!!
Reply 4
*points at sig*

In a word, no.
I am studying joint honours Earth and Ocean Science. Do you think this will put me at a disadvantage compared to pure Earth Science students when applying for MSc Earth Science?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending