The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Andy you really are priceless!

If you only use the TV for DVD or gaming then you dont need to pay for a TV licence as your not receiving an incoming signal
Reply 61
So far I have bought:

Bottle Opener (and a belt that has one built in).
Pencil
Pen
Disposable camera, because I can't afford a digital.

I'm ready!
Reply 62
Andy Pipkin
Why are you bvuying bedding and kitchen utensils? Or a TV for that matter? I am expecting all that to be in my room when I arrive.

Andy Pipkin is actually staying at The Ritz ;yes;
Reply 63
Andy Pipkin
I will be too scared to go in the kitchen if other students are in there. :frown: Most days, I will just go to uni without breakfast. Therefore, I doubt I will need kitchen utensils.

What would you be so scared about? And what about lunch and dinner- won't you need utensils for those meals?
Reply 64
Andy Pipkin
I will be too scared to go in the kitchen if other students are in there. :frown: Most days, I will just go to uni without breakfast. Therefore, I doubt I will need kitchen utensils.

do you not plan on making any friends with your flatmates. why will you be scared, no-one will know anyone else and it won't help if you are hiding yourself away in your room. I really hope i don't have someone like you in my flat in halls
mtbab
do you not plan on making any friends with your flatmates. why will you be scared, no-one will know anyone else and it won't help if you are hiding yourself away in your room. I really hope i don't have someone like you in my flat in halls

How many 18 year olds do you know who want to mix with a boring 25 year old? :confused:
Reply 66
Andy Pipkin
How many 18 year olds do you know who want to mix with a boring 25 year old? :confused:

i'd mix with a 25yr old if they made an effort to be less boring!!
Reply 67
ha, i went to uni last yr thinkn everyone would share, the first day i went, my flatmate the icequeen told me in front of my parents that i could just use hers and not to bother wasting money on more kitchen stuff, once my parents left, any time i asked to borrow her stuff either she wouldnt let me or bitched constantly if i did get to use it. dont rely on anybody else, take it from me!
Andy Pipkin

I'm 19 now, but I would.
I purchased some ink cartridges for my printer yesterday, since I won't be able to afford them once I'm a student.

Still haven't started on anything else yet :smile:
i havent brought anything yet, im still in denial about the fact that i actually have to go away from everyone an everything so soon.
mtbab
i'd mix with a 25yr old if they made an effort to be less boring!!

I would too. I have several mates round that age. Even friendly with a woman thirty years older than me!

But you'd have to make a bit of an effort like anyone else.
Andy Pipkin

I'm 18 and tomorrow I'm going to Pride in Brighton with my sister who's 31 and her best mates who are actually gay (me and my sis are just going for the drunken day out lol), they're all between 28 and 36 and they are some of the most interesting people I know because of their age.

As long as your approachable and engage with people, your always going to make friends becasue people don't care how old you are :smile:
im 20 and one of my best mates is 31
Andy Pipkin

I hope all this stuff you say is tongue in cheek :p:
Only bought stationary, as I am waiting for the "all clear" from my results, Permitting I meet my grades for firm or insurance, I will be going almost straight away to get everything else that is needed.
O my god!! Im so xcited! Ive bought loads now! Today i bought a pots and pans and utensils set for €25, a cutlery set for €5 and some stationary.

O yea and I got a new printer/scanner/photocopier so ill use less desk space!!
I didn't buy anything till I was actually there. Didn't even book my accommodation till the day we arrived. I miss the excitement.
devils_nose
I purchased some ink cartridges for my printer yesterday, since I won't be able to afford them once I'm a student.

Still haven't started on anything else yet :smile:

When you begin university you don't suddenly become some poverty stricken homeless person.
Reply 79
Music_Enthusiast
When you begin university you don't suddenly become some poverty stricken homeless person.

you are only actually poor at the very end of terms when your loan runs out :smile: besides that you have some money to live on :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending