The Student Room Group

Changing GPs

Ok, I have a situation here, I am going to move from South East London to East London, and it menas technically I will have to change my GP, and it wouldn't be a problem normally, but I have been seeing my current GP for my depression since April and she knows me very well, so I really would like to stick with her for another few months, at least till I get a bit better. Coz if I change my GP, I would have to explain everything all over again and also I really think my current GP is a great one. So my question is, if I dont change me address, is the NHS going to be able to find out? And if so, what would happen? The thing is, my friend is still gonna be living in the same place, so I could ask him if I could still use the same address for the meantime, so that means technically I would still be living at the same place, if that makes sense. I am really worried what might happen if they find out I am "lying" about my address... anyone has experience thsi before??
Reply 1
No but I'm sure just keeping going there will be fine. If they ask for your address, you can give them your new address and pretend you didn't know that you had to change?
This is what I was thinking, but the thing is my GP told me today I would have to find a new doc, and I told her I wanna "lie" for now, and seems she is cool about it, well I suppose it doesnt affect her anyway. so I guess it's the matter of taking the slight risk. But to be hoenst, what could happen? They can kick me from the practive and never see me again, but I suppose the NHS cannot refuse me to get a new GP "near" me? Right? All I want is probably until the end of this year, unitl I recover, then I woudnt mind which GP to see, coz I never really like going to Doctors anyway...

Latest

Trending

Trending