The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Creatine will mostly just make you retain more water. Spend the money on food and protein instead.
Reply 21
taking creatine makes me feel like ive just had 10 lucozades, it defo helps endurance after running a few km i still feel urge to sprint. I wouldnt recommend taking it too regularly apparently your body stops making its own. I take it around every other week, if im guna do a hard workout-tis rather exspensive-tastes Dirt.

To conclude i wouldnt bother unless you are actually training for an event or competitive sportsman/athlete.protein shakes r beta for bulking up, at end of day your body your choice.
Reply 22
Is u mad, youz canee not uze da creazizzle or u is been puny beetch
Reply 23
a big fat LOL at the OP :smile:
Reply 24
If you are planning to build muscle and stay healthy I would suggest you increase your intake of food, ensure you eat some carbs about an hour before training (for energy) and protein afterwards (to help rebuild the torn muscle filaments - this is how your muscle gets bigger). You may find drinking something like slimfast as well as eating your normal meals, so long as you are training enough, the extra calories will eventually turn into muscle.
Reply 25
Slimfast... **** that ****
Reply 26
them slimfast milkshakes that you make yourself are very nice, especially the chocolate one. makes a good energy boosting/low fat breakfast.
Are all users of creatine in this forum 18+? It is warned against unless you are adult.

My bastard of a 14 year old brother was at mine this morning. I was not pleased.
Reply 28
Gareth-Lee Smith
Are all users of creatine in this forum 18+? It is warned against unless you are adult.

My bastard of a 14 year old brother was at mine this morning. I was not pleased.

theres only a recommended age because when it comes to supplements most young people act like fooking ******* and do something stupid like eat a tub of it in one go.

id recommend it for anyone that actually knows how to diet and train properly- so not many people :wink:
But fletchy, wouldn't you be wary for anybody under 18 (therefore likely to have not completely developed yet) to use a development-booster in the same way that it's recommended for under 16s to stay off the weights?
Reply 30
Gareth-Lee Smith
But fletchy, wouldn't you be wary for anybody under 18 (therefore likely to have not completely developed yet) to use a development-booster in the same way that it's recommended for under 16s to stay off the weights?

not in the slightest, it will have absolutly no impact on hormone production etc
and if done correctly under 16s could also use weights, its jsut not advisable for most as people tend to act stupid and want it all to quick when there young.
Reply 31
how important do you think dieting realllly is? I know its going to help, but i boose a lot and generally eat quite a lot of crap on top of eating plenty of white meat/tuna and various other high carb and protien crap, and take a multivitamen, but i still make gains and stay in shape fine. Again, i think its more if you have a bit of a slow metabolism or are looking to get realllly big and super ripped that you need to pay that much attention (like calory counting and crap) i reckon. As long as you stay fit i reckon you can get away with boozing and eating crap ontop of eating good meat ect. i play footy 3 times a week, also rugby train 2wice a week (though im injured atm), have a fast metabolism anyway, and i just eat anything and dont get fat or feel it hampering me in the gym.

i think a bit too much importance gets placed on all the dieting/supplements becasue for most people they arent needed to make the gains they want. I think its more people who really get into the weightlifting lifestyle also like to 'take the gym home with them' by eating right ect, they like to build their life around it. Thats fine, and no doubt eating right helps, but what im getting at is perhaps its role is overstated due to this enphasis of a wegithlifting lifestyle which is embraced only by a few and them telling everyone else how important it is. Most 'mere mortals', in my opinion, can get strong, look good and make good gains with just caning it in the gym 3 or 4 times a week and staying fit. Taking a few shakes is going to help you bulk more as well, but even so you can get strong and quite big without any of it.
fletchy123
not in the slightest, it will have absolutly no impact on hormone production etc
and if done correctly under 16s could also use weights, its jsut not advisable for most as people tend to act stupid and want it all to quick when there young.

Ok then, I'll agree to disagree
If you're seriously into training, diet becomes more important than the workouts.
Reply 34
do you agree only a minority (a small minority at that) are seriously into training?
Reply 35
I'm getting seriously into it over the summer, on such a loww carb diet and a controlled and clean diet and I reckon it is letting me make big improvements. Im going to love uni where I will control my diet and wont be tempted by my fams sweet tooth
Consie
do you agree only a minority (a small minority at that) are seriously into training?

Possibly yes.

The main point is if you train well but dont diet properly you will gain, but only to a point. If you wish to progress further after you reach this plateau you must improve your diet, there no 2 ways about it. Depends on personal targets really.
Reply 37
cant see myself getting really ripped or really big, i love boozing and eating crap too much. So long as i maintain the pack and look reasonably bulked, im happy.
Reply 38
TRB
I'm getting seriously into it over the summer, on such a loww carb diet and a controlled and clean diet and I reckon it is letting me make big improvements. Im going to love uni where I will control my diet and wont be tempted by my fams sweet tooth

ditto.
Reply 39
No!

Latest