The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I ordered some Genie chips a while back (when they were free :cool:) and I got a server error. I made another account and ordered some more thinking that the first lot hadn't gone through. In the end I got both orders.
Dajoruna
I've been trying to buy a new phone (K700i) from there for past couple of days but the online form filling out always seems to crash or have an error some point along the line. Anyone else had similar problems?

I ordered a few accessories 2 days ago. Had no problems with the form.

Keep trying. :smile:
I bought my phone from the website with no problems. Keep trying and maybe it will sort itself out..
Reply 4
The o2 website has been a bit crappy lately. I tried to buy 2 phones off there about 2 weeks ago but with no luck.

You're better off phoning customer services and getting it off there. It's 50p a minute (yes they are trying to rip you off) but that seems to be the only way.
Reply 5
I've already got a contract with them and tried to order a new phone (cos you can get one after 12 months). The form *seemed* to have gone through fine (i.e. no error pages or messages) but I didn't receive a confirmation email and am not overly keen on paying 50p per minute just to find out their website is duff...
Jenn xx
Reply 6
jonas123
The o2 website has been a bit crappy lately. I tried to buy 2 phones off there about 2 weeks ago but with no luck.

You're better off phoning customer services and getting it off there. It's 50p a minute (yes they are trying to rip you off) but that seems to be the only way.

Don't call customer services. Call 0870 225 7879. It'll cost you a fraction of the price!
Reply 7
JennLlama
I've already got a contract with them and tried to order a new phone (cos you can get one after 12 months). The form *seemed* to have gone through fine (i.e. no error pages or messages) but I didn't receive a confirmation email and am not overly keen on paying 50p per minute just to find out their website is duff...
Jenn xx

Jenn,
I ordered an upgrade recently. I tried the website, until the form crashed. I was just about to pay my £50 for a K700i upgrade. I called them up instead on the number I've just posted, and the guy was saying how the online upgrade facility isn't really complete, and it doesn't factor in various discounted upgrades you can get. In the end, I got my K700i for free!
Reply 8
Tednol
Jenn,
I ordered an upgrade recently. I tried the website, until the form crashed. I was just about to pay my £50 for a K700i upgrade. I called them up instead on the number I've just posted, and the guy was saying how the online upgrade facility isn't really complete, and it doesn't factor in various discounted upgrades you can get. In the end, I got my K700i for free!

Yeah they are currently offering the K700i as a free contract fone which is why I want to get it before it is no longer an offer. Hopefully it hasnt actually worked (odd to say I know) because otherwise I will have about 5 coming my way!
Reply 9
Dajoruna
Yeah they are currently offering the K700i as a free contract fone which is why I want to get it before it is no longer an offer. Hopefully it hasnt actually worked (odd to say I know) because otherwise I will have about 5 coming my way!

wonder what would happen if you got 5? what o2 would do? most likely nothing! :tongue:
Reply 10
Tednol
Jenn,

Wow, O2 must of really liked you. :biggrin:
Reply 11
jmz635
wonder what would happen if you got 5? what o2 would do? most likely nothing! :tongue:

Yeah or bill me for 5 contracts.....
Reply 12
Tednol
Jenn,

I did literally the exact same thing today, well minus the website bit, but I rang up and they wanted £49, I eventually got them to give me it for free.
Reply 13
I'm getting the K700i on O2! That phone is very nice :biggrin: .
Reply 14
Bhaal85
Wow, O2 must of really liked you. :biggrin:

Aparently it's a loyalty bonus, as I've been a subscriber since the dark old days of Genie. So long as I keep my contract, every time I'm eligible to upgrade I'll be able to choose any phone offered by O2 Online for free!
Reply 15
Hmm tried once again to order. Seemed to lead to an error page/general crash at last stage, however when I went to try again under the same account name it warned me that this account was already associated with a pay monthly phone. Does this mean I did indeed manage to order it? Or is it just o2 being crap as usual - afterall I've had no email to confirm order or anything like that.... I want it before freshers week but is seeming increasingly unlikely.
Reply 16
i rang up to order my K700i about 6 weeks ago and they wanted £200 :eek: i told them my bf got it for £29 (didn't mention that he got it as a new contract :P and mine was an upgrade :P) and made some noises about *vodafone* and how i wouldn't be put on hold if i was with them (i had been on hold on o2 for like 18mins) and they gave it to me :biggrin:

It did take 2 weeks to arrive tho :s-smilie:
Reply 17
good way of getting cheap upgrades is to threaten to cancel. Did that with vodafone recently and they slashed the cost of the handset to £80 and cut £10 a month off my line rental :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending