The Student Room Group

Waitrose group interview!! whats gonna happen?

Does anyone here work at Waitrose? I have a group interview next week and I was just wondering what it is like and whats gonna happen.
Cheers.
Reply 1
Hi Street

Congrats on getting an interview. Basically in mine for the first few minutes we had an icebreaker session, got to know people in the group interview. We then had asome objects on a table that we had to sell in a group (3 people in a group). We also had to talk about our hobbies to the rest of the group, kind of like a mini presentation on yourself. Then you were given a sheet to say which job position, clothes size etc.
Finally you have a short one to one interview with your "to be" section manager. All they asked me was why do you want to work for waitrose :smile:
Anywho good luck. Everyone in my group got in. Its notthing to worry about, the interview is proably just to make sure you arn't a major no no for the company.

Ac
Reply 2
Little tip: Don't be the timid one but also try not to dominate. Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
street
Does anyone here work at Waitrose? I have a group interview next week and I was just wondering what it is like and whats gonna happen.
Cheers.

What branch?
Reply 4
I am applying for Waitrose do you think it would be wise to add a CV with the application form when I apply?
Reply 5
yes def, i applied online and now have an interview as well.
Reply 6
rye225
yes def, i applied online and now have an interview as well.

Ok Thank you.
Reply 7
I just got offered a Group interview at Waitrose, what would be best?

A Smart Suit?
What Shall I Bring.
Would Printouts of Waitrose be a good idea to emphasise the research I have done on the company.

I also can't attend on that date because I'm working (which I'm planning to leave for the waitrose job), should I just take a day of work or re-arrange it by calling them. Unfortunatly the interview is on Thursday and it may be short notice for my current managers.

Would a portfolio of achievements in the interview be a good idea?
Reply 8
I had a waitrose group interview last week, it starts of they put you into groups to do an ice breaker, we had to build the biggest tower using newspaper! then they give you a bit of paper with questions about yourself on it, and you have to do a 2 minutes presentation on yourself. After that you get put into groups again, they give you a product and you have to sell it to them, you were then give statements about waitrose and you had to put them in true or false section. You were then asked to design your own waitrose branch. Finally it was a form saying what days/ hours you can work, it was like the one you done online! it lasted about 2 hours, just be confident and yourself! A week later they will phone/email you asking if you could come in for a 1 on 1 interview (if you were successful) I have my 1 on 1 interview tomorrow so I will post a reply telling you what happens in that!

John:smile:
Original post by hiyajohn
I had a waitrose group interview last week, it starts of they put you into groups to do an ice breaker, we had to build the biggest tower using newspaper! then they give you a bit of paper with questions about yourself on it, and you have to do a 2 minutes presentation on yourself. After that you get put into groups again, they give you a product and you have to sell it to them, you were then give statements about waitrose and you had to put them in true or false section. You were then asked to design your own waitrose branch. Finally it was a form saying what days/ hours you can work, it was like the one you done online! it lasted about 2 hours, just be confident and yourself! A week later they will phone/email you asking if you could come in for a 1 on 1 interview (if you were successful) I have my 1 on 1 interview tomorrow so I will post a reply telling you what happens in that!

John:smile:

Dude, this thread was 4 years ago..

Original post by mosesff
I am applying for Waitrose do you think it would be wise to add a CV with the application form when I apply?

You posted over a year after this tread was made..

Original post by mosesff
Ok Thank you.

They're probably the manager it's been that long..
Reply 10
I got my interview on Thursday
So basically I should be praticing how to sell products?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending