The Student Room Group

Reasons why the UK shouldn't take more refugees.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plutonian
I paid £80 VAT on a 3D printer I purchased not long ago. My family have been paying tax for decades in the hope that their children can get a good education and healthcare. You can't bring out arguments that young people haven't paid much tax as an excuse for immigrants getting free services. As I said most people contribute to the system in the hope that it will benefit their children in the future not some random guy from Syria.

£80. Wow. Sorry while I laugh out loud.
Racist? No-one is being racist here, we are simply pointing out that money doesn't grow on trees. We can't afford to take in loads of unskilled migrants when NHS waiting lists are long, many young people are unemployed and schools are overcrowded.

I'm not actually calling anyone racist, I was just trying to illustrate that throwing names at people and dismissing their views because they fit into the "leftist sheep" or "racist whatever" is stupid...

I took the post word for word and switched every sentence for the opposite.
Original post by Hanvyj
£80. Wow. Sorry while I laugh out loud.

More than Ahmed from Libya who showed up on the shores of Kent last week.
Original post by Bobjim12
Fixed it i think?

North America and Australasia have Africans, Hispanics and Asians that could come.
Original post by Rakas21
North America and Australasia have Africans, Hispanics and Asians that could come.

Yeah, i'm just having fun in this thread, i wasn't insinuating anything :smile:
More than Ahmed from Libya who showed up on the shores of Kent last week.

But he's got a lot less tax debt than you.

You'd probably have to work 20 years to break even, then another 20 to pay for your retirement, and if **** goes wrong for you and you end up being on benefits - well, that' the cost of the benefits on top of the cost of the first x years of your life, schooling, medical care and tax credits.

Ahmed has all those years to work and he's never cost the taxpayer anything so far.
Original post by Rakas21
Largely ethnically and culturally similar. Rich and educated populations. Pool of near enough a billion people when you add Europe.

The empire is not to blame, that's a cop out.

In short you mean to say you only want "white people"............:rolleyes:
Original post by Hanvyj

You'd probably have to work 20 years to break even, then another 20 to pay for your retirement, and if **** goes wrong for you and you end up being on benefits - well, that' the cost of the benefits on top of the cost of the first x years of your life, schooling, medical care and tax credits.

Ahmed has all those years to work and he's never cost the taxpayer anything so far.

Private education and healthcare.

My family pay more tax than they probably take.
Original post by Hanvyj
Let's flip this: And you're a result of backward, isolationist, racist politics. No one can say anything these days without being branded as a "politically correct progressive sheep" because of the bs propaganda stemming from people like you. It's not just immigrants on benefits or committing crimes. I think you'll find a larger proportion of UK natives are on benefits and immigrants contribrute more than those born here. If you're unhappy with different people living in the UK there's lots of other countries for you to choose from.

You really do love to twist things and have proven everything I said from the previous comment.You're basically calling me a racist (expected response). Did I ever say all immigrants were on benefits? Did I ever immigrants were causing crime to increase? All I stated was that it's not just white people who get drunk you clown. Aren't you the person stereotyping white people for always getting drunk on the street?

Immigration has contributed positively to the economy, but numbers need to be kept down because:

1) Our country doesn't have the resources or space for more people
2) Wages will be driven down further (especially for unskilled jobs)
3) More social tension as more communities become segregated. Europe is struggling to deal with mass movement at such a fast pace. Multiculturalism is not working and instead what's being created is multi-ghettoism. In the future this will have big implications and could even spark civil war.
4)As population of different ethnicities increase so does their needs. For example, as the muslim population increases so does the amount of people who want to enforce sharia.

I'm not going to deny the good immigration has done for us. After WW2 they filled jobs and helped re-build cities.The doctors and nurses that care for us are mostly immigrants, and help keep the NHS going.Control is key though and excessive numbers of unskilled migrants will not do any country any good...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Willdono
You really do love to twist things and have proven everything I said from the previous comment.You're basically calling me a racist (expected response). Did I ever say all immigrants were on benefits? Did I ever immigrants were causing crime to increase? All I stated was that it's not just white people who get drunk you clown. Aren't you the person stereotyping white people for always getting drunk on the street?

Immigration has contributed positively to the economy, but numbers need to be kept down because:

1) Our country doesn't have the resources or space for more people
2) Wages will be driven down further (especially for unskilled jobs)
3) More social tension as more communities become segregated. Europe is struggling to deal with mass movement at such a fast pace. Multiculturalism is not working and instead what's being created is multi-ghettoism. In this future this will have big implications and could even spark civil war.
4)As population of different ethnicities increase so does their needs. For example, as the muslim population increases so does the amount of people who want to enforce sharia laws.

I'm not going to deny the good immigration has done for us. After WW2 they filled jobs and helped re-build cities.The doctors and nurses that care for us are mostly immigrants, and help keep the NHS going.Control is key though and excessive numbers of unskilled migrants will not do any country any good...

All I did was take your post word for word, change it from the boilerplate "left" insults to the boilerplate "right" insults and throw it right back out at you.

And you were insulted.
Original post by BaconandSauce
How much tax do you think this family will pay

****in lel
Original post by Hanvyj
All I did was take your post word for word, change it from the boilerplate "left" insults to the boilerplate "right" insults and throw it right back out at you.

And you were insulted.

So you don't agree with any of the points I made?
Original post by Willdono
So you don't agree with any of the points I made?

Pretty much don't agree with any of them no, sorry!

I don't think you are racist though, from what I've read. I (like you) just don't like having my opinions just plainly thrown out simply because I fall under "left".
The UK can't take on anymore unskilled immigrants as it will destroy this country even more with the housing crisis, NHS etc already a mess and it effects the education system if schools already struggling have to constantly receive children who can't speak English properly. It also breaks down communities where some people from various religions don't want to integrate and respect the culture in the UK and would rather bring their own lifestyle and beliefs here hence the rise of ISIS and jihadis going to Syria. There are hundreds of different reasons on top of this and it's not just immigrants from Africa I'm referring to but also Eastern Europe. However, I do still believe that if somebody is skilled enough and wants to work and benefit the country they should be allowed to do so therefore I support the points based system.
Original post by Hanvyj

My family paid tax. Therefore their children i.e are more entitled to services than foreigners. What part of Britain is for the British don't you understand? Your deluded border-free fantasies will never happen. We are a club that takes care of our own, joining up with the rest of the world will simply bring us down. There's a reason why people are fleeing Syria, because it's a ****hole. If they ****ed up their own country and are simply abandoning ship instead of staying to fix it what does that say about those people. Do you think they will stay to support Britain if Russia starts bombing us? No they will run to America or something because they are simply opportunist scroungers looking to get a free ride. It's so damn obvious. There is no war in Greece, why don't they stay there? Because they know they will get free stuff in Britain. If you believe in letting in all these refugees so much, let in homeless people into your house and see how fast your finances go down the toilet.
I feel as though, we should let more in, however, to keep the masses happy and to stay sensible, everything should be monitored very carefully. I haven't written much because it would be case of paragraphs and paragraphs of endless passion for my beliefs and what I really need right now is a green tea and a good long kip.
You all need to watch 'The Daily Mail UKIP Song' on YouTube, it's funny - unless you're an avid UKIP supporter :biggrin:
We are a club that takes care of our own

I guess the fundamental difference is my view of which "club" I'm in.
Original post by BaconandSauce
How much tax do you think this family will pay

Bahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sfairy27
You all need to watch 'The Daily Mail UKIP Song' on YouTube, it's funny - unless you're an avid UKIP supporter :biggrin:

I take it you're an avid Daily Mail supporter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending