The Student Room Group

NGDP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I had my telephone interview yesterday morning.

Found out today that I've got through to the next stage, going to the assessment centre in Leeds on 30 March :smile:
They got back to you very quickly! Congrats and good luck. :smile:
Reply 62
Hello! I got through to the telephone interview stage - had mine on January 25th, so ages ago! But, they said I would not hear until the first week in March. It has been a long time!
Original post by zambean
I had my telephone interview yesterday morning.

Found out today that I've got through to the next stage, going to the assessment centre in Leeds on 30 March :smile:

They got back to me the next day too. Didn't think the telephone interview was bad at all. Actually, my interviewer was lovely. Good luck to anyone who has theirs to come.

Anyone know what the AC involves?
Reply 64
Hi all,

Wow - no-one really has idea whats going on here, this scheme is indeed pretty confusing...! I found out a few hours ago I'm through to the assessment centre but there's no chance I'm going to be able to get to the info session in Leeds by Tuesday - is anyone else going to this?

I assume everyone else will be notified pretty soon either way, good luck to all those waiting to hear and if anyone's heading to Leeds on Tuesday get in touch!

Cheers
Reply 65
Ive made it to the AC stage, but this 'information session' is too too late notice,

Is anyone going to the London Info session?

And what AC (london) date have you chosen?
I had my interview last week, and was told they would get back to us by mid-March.

I was also told I had done really, really well to get that far and wished all the best for the future, which sounded a bit ominous...
Hi

Just joined this site to join in with this thread! I'm through to the assessment centre but by the time I went to pick mine, which was only 2hours after email had been sent, the only option for AC was London on 17th, which is sooooo soon! Anyone else goin to this one?

Anyone going to the information session in leeds?
Through to the AC - I'll be attending the information centre in London as well. Strangely, I can't seem to book any any assessment centres. There aren't any available slots.
Reply 69
Original post by Next1988
Ive made it to the AC stage, but this 'information session' is too too late notice,

Is anyone going to the London Info session?

And what AC (london) date have you chosen?

Hi there,

I am going to the London session.

BTW is anyone going from Birmingham to the London information session? Trying to find out where i can get a bus from Victoria coach station to Westminster's Town Hall...any pointers anyone?
Original post by catpink
Hi there,

I am going to the London session.

BTW is anyone going from Birmingham to the London information session? Trying to find out where i can get a bus from Victoria coach station to Westminster's Town Hall...any pointers anyone?

I'm from Coventry (close enough :P). I booked a bus from Megabus.com and a train back (because I didn't want to wait 2 hours for an available Megabus). I'm not sure if Megabus does Birmingham <-> London.
Reply 71
I booked an information centre in London (3rd March) but I now when I click 'view information' it just refreshes the page. Is anyone else experiencing this. I booked into the afternoon one, is this 1-4?
Reply 72
Hi guys,

I'm also through to the AC stage of this, but they have my email address wrong on their system and haven't yet changed it, so I'm not getting any emails from them (I only know I'm through because I managed to login on the main website).

If anyone could post or PM me what their email said I'd be very grateful
Original post by dgExe
Hi guys,

I'm also through to the AC stage of this, but they have my email address wrong on their system and haven't yet changed it, so I'm not getting any emails from them (I only know I'm through because I managed to login on the main website).

If anyone could post or PM me what their email said I'd be very grateful

Thank you for undertaking a telephone interview for the National Graduate Development Programme (ngdp) for local government. We have now had the opportunity to review your performance and I am delighted to be able to invite you to the next stage, an information session and the assessment centre.

Prior to assessment centres we are holding a series of informal information sessions designed to give you the opportunity to interact with current National Management Trainees, participating Local Authorities and the ngdp team. The information days are non assessed. The sessions will last approximately three hours and should help you to make an informed decision about the ngdp.

In order to book both your place at an information session and assessment centre, please login to your ‘My Account’ area on our website.

ONCE YOU LOGIN YOU WILL SEE TWO LINKS, ONE TO BOOK YOUR ASSESSMENT CENTRE AND ANOTHER TO BOOK YOUR INFORMATION SESSION, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING ONE.

Information Sessions

We are holding Information Sessions at the following venues and would strongly encourage you to book into the one that is closest to you, travel expenses will be reimbursed up to a maximum of £30. Please ensure that you obtain receipts for all your travel arrangements and attach them to your expenses claim form. Mileage is reimbursed at 25 pence per mile. Information Sessions will take place as follows:

1st March –Leeds
3rd March - London

Please be aware that spaces at these sessions are limited so they may not all be available when you come to book one.

Assessment Centres

All of our Assessment Centers are being held at venues in London, Birmingham and Leeds therefore please choose and book a suitable date when you return to your account.

Once you have booked your place, you will be able to access a map and directions to the assessment centre venue.

Please be aware that your Assessment Centre will be an all day event, which will start at 9.15am and finish at 4.30pm.

Travel expenses will be reimbursed up to a maximum of £50. This maximum will also include any overnight accommodation costs you may incur. We are unable to reimburse any costs incurred over £50.

Content

At the assessment centre you will be required to complete a number of exercises that will be both individual and group-based tasks. You will participate in a group exercise and a role play, prepare and deliver a presentation and complete an analysis report. These exercises are designed to gain further evidence of the assessment dimensions we have explored with you through the initial application form and the interview, a full list of these can be found on the www.ngdp.co.uk

We strongly advise you to undertake some research into local government ahead of your scheduled session, but you will not need to prepare in advance for any of the exercises or bring anything with you.

Lunch will be provided on the day, so please contact us if you have any special dietary requirements we need to be made aware of. Additionally, please contact us as soon as possible if you have any other requirements for the day. It is important that we have enough notice to enable us to make the necessary adjustments if required.

Please be aware that all candidates that have been invited to attend an assessment centre will be able to book into the dates available online; in order to avoid disappointment we would encourage you to book a space as soon as possible as dates and spaces are limited.

If you have any further questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us either by email to: [email protected] or by telephone on: 0845 222 0250.

Congratulations on your success and we very much look forward to seeing you at the next stage.

Yours sincerely,

Malcolm Craig
ngdp Programme Manager

Too late notice for me to go to the information sessions, which is a shame.
Reply 74
Original post by student24
I booked an information centre in London (3rd March) but I now when I click 'view information' it just refreshes the page. Is anyone else experiencing this. I booked into the afternoon one, is this 1-4?

Yes i am experiencing this aswell as i have booked myself into the afternoon session in London too - it would be nice to see the confirmed information but i guess we know all the information we need when we booked it :smile:
Hi all :smile:

I'm new to the student room and I've been following everyone's threads regarding ngdp. I've also got through to the information/assessment centre stage and will be attending next Tuesday in Leeds then Tues 22nd March in Birmingham. It's been a nightmare organising time off at such short notice as I'm not a student anymore. It's a bit worrying that everything seems so rushed and unorganised - in my line of work it's not always easy to get time off at the drop of a hat. However, I feel sorry for those of you who are unable to attend the information session due to the short notice - it doesn't seem very fair!
Reply 76
Original post by the curious panda
I'm from Coventry (close enough :P). I booked a bus from Megabus.com and a train back (because I didn't want to wait 2 hours for an available Megabus). I'm not sure if Megabus does Birmingham <-> London.

Thanks for that. Btw i just wanted to check that this is the correct address for the information session because i found conflicting addresses. Is it, Central Hall Westminster, Storey's Gate, London, SW1H 9NH?
Is there still anybody who hasn't been told? Do they always send you a "thank you but sorry" email?
I'm really confused cos everyone's booked their sessions already and I'm not sure what's happening...not been sent anything yet!
HELP :frown:
Original post by catpink
Thanks for that. Btw i just wanted to check that this is the correct address for the information session because i found conflicting addresses. Is it, Central Hall Westminster, Storey's Gate, London, SW1H 9NH?

I'm not 100% sure, but I searched up the room name (Aldersgate room/Central Hall) and Westminster town hall - and I got the address you wrote.
Reply 79
I am still waiting to be told. They told me I would hear the first week in March - but I am guessing, that as I have now no way of going to the information days that I have not got through. Good luck everyone else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending