The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Clearing 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I reckon DMU and Bradford will also be in clearing.
Reply 21
Any others atm? I imagine hertfordshire and reading maybe too.
I sent Wolves an email and they said they aren't sure, Bradford And DMU should be in clearing as they are usually insurance choices and some people decline the offer so they go into clearing instead, which opens up an extra space for the course, so hopefully theyll be lenient to those who have just missed out on their offers. As for hertfordshire i'm not sure but Reading hm I highly doubt theyll be in clearing, when I got rejected and I rang up to ask why, they said theyve had a huge increase in the number of applications, 1500 for 95 places :O
Reply 23
Original post by mathsclown
I sent Wolves an email and they said they aren't sure, :O

Wolves will be going into clearing BBB/300 UCAS points.
Reply 24
Original post by GoWolves
Looks like Wolves Pharmacy will also be in clearing.

i know but there grade boundaries are too high but im going to give them a call anyway on results day as i might have chance
no harm in trying
Reply 25
Original post by mkb230
I reckon DMU and Bradford will also be in clearing.

Original post by mathsclown
I sent Wolves an email and they said they aren't sure, Bradford And DMU should be in clearing as they are usually insurance choices and some people decline the offer so they go into clearing instead, which opens up an extra space for the course, so hopefully theyll be lenient to those who have just missed out on their offers. As for hertfordshire i'm not sure but Reading hm I highly doubt theyll be in clearing, when I got rejected and I rang up to ask why, they said theyve had a huge increase in the number of applications, 1500 for 95 places :O

but they cant be
i emailed bradford and they said the course is full and pharmacy at bradford will not be going into clearing this year
as for DMU it is possible they might be going into clearing
emailed wolves and they said they are not too sure but if they were they would only accept ABB and not BBC which i am expected to get :frown:
Reply 26
What are the alternative routes to get into Pharmacy except the foundation courses and also what are the chances that I can transfer to first year MPharm if I do Pharmaceutical sciences of Pharmacology?

P.S. - I went on the UCAS website and did a course search for Pharmacy and some universities had some places on UCAS extra. Surely that means that they're going to go into clearing if they have places on extra.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
so thats
LJMU according to uni site
medway according to uni site
sunderland emailed them and they said we are still accepting applications
wolverhampton according to email i sent them
DMU according to tsr
bradford unlikely
portsmouth maybe
i think portsmouth may also be in clearing but im not too sure

personally if i dont get into my firm or insurance then im not bothered as long as i get into any of the unis that have clearing spaces
but i do hope bradford and DMU are lenient as i think ive missed my offer by one grade
Reply 28
Original post by mkb230
What are the alternative routes to get into Pharmacy except the foundation courses and also what are the chances that I can transfer to first year MPharm if I do Pharmaceutical sciences of Pharmacology?

P.S. - I went on the UCAS website and did a course search for Pharmacy and some universities had some places on UCAS extra. Surely that means that they're going to go into clearing if they have places on extra.

but it also means that sometimes they are more lenient and accept applicants with lower grades than the offer so the course becomes full
just hope some unis are in clearing in case firm and insurance dont accept me
Reply 29
what is everyones firm and insurance choices
my firm is bradford and insurance is DMU
Reply 30
Original post by hahaff
but it also means that sometimes they are more lenient and accept applicants with lower grades than the offer so the course becomes full
just hope some unis are in clearing in case firm and insurance dont accept me

Hmm yeah I am just getting really worried now with less than 2 days left before results day and the uni's have already got our results. In fact they have probably made their decisions as well. My Biology Unit 4 and 5 exams are really going to screw my chances. Thanks AQA :angry:

Original post by hahaff
what is everyones firm and insurance choices
my firm is bradford and insurance is DMU

My firm is Medway and insurance is DMU
Reply 31
Original post by mkb230
Hmm yeah I am just getting really worried now with less than 2 days left before results day and the uni's have already got our results. In fact they have probably made their decisions as well. My Biology Unit 4 and 5 exams are really going to screw my chances. Thanks AQA :angry:

My firm is Medway and insurance is DMU

i didnt do bio4 in june but bio5 depends on my uni chances
and also chem2, and the aqa maths pilot a2 paper
with so many uni's on clearing for pharmacy than i expected, does this mean that pharmacy isn't a popular course? Does anybody know about pharmacy at aston uni?
Reply 33
Original post by hahaff
i didnt do bio4 in june but bio5 depends on my uni chances
and also chem2, and the aqa maths pilot a2 paper

What would you do if you don't get into either? I am worried that I have missed my grades because of Biology and I might get a D in Biology and I am also unsure about a B in Chemistry and Maths as well now. Do you know any alternative routes into Pharmacy? I know that Bradford do a Pharmaceutical management course and if you average 65% in the first year then you're eligible to apply for a transfer to first year MPharm. Any other similar pharmaceutical/biomedical courses that you know of with low entry requirements?
Reply 34
Original post by mkb230
What would you do if you don't get into either? I am worried that I have missed my grades because of Biology and I might get a D in Biology and I am also unsure about a B in Chemistry and Maths as well now. Do you know any alternative routes into Pharmacy? I know that Bradford do a Pharmaceutical management course and if you average 65% in the first year then you're eligible to apply for a transfer to first year MPharm. Any other similar pharmaceutical/biomedical courses that you know of with low entry requirements?

i dont know what i will do if i didnt get in
just have to hope for the best:smile:
Reply 35
My firm is uclan. Anyone else applied there?
Reply 36
Original post by nessa17licaria
with so many uni's on clearing for pharmacy than i expected, does this mean that pharmacy isn't a popular course? Does anybody know about pharmacy at aston uni?

aston isnt likely to be in clearing
but if you do need to call them then theres no harm in trying:smile:
Reply 37
Original post by nessa17licaria

Aston are not available on UCAS extra so it's unlikely that they will go into clearing and they're usually the ones with higher entry requirements i.e. ABB so again they might be over subscribed.
Reply 38
This year mostly all the exams were horrible and everyone is trying to get in because noone wants to face the fee rise. Let's just hope that we've all done well enough to get in
Reply 39
Original post by fahimak
This year mostly all the exams were horrible and everyone is trying to get in because noone wants to face the fee rise. Let's just hope that we've all done well enough to get in

Yeah that's exactly what I am worried about. I worked out that even if I go down the foundation route and do an extra year, I can still save £21,000 which is a lot of money in my opinion. So I am now frantically searching for alternative routes to gain entry into MPharm. What's your firm and insurance and what sort of grades are you expecting?

Quick Reply

Latest