The Student Room Group

UEA Medicine with a foundation year A104 2012

For applicants to University of East Anglia- Medicine with a foundation year (A104)

Scroll to see replies

Not sure if there will be many people on here so if there are great! Be nice to see even more people on the student room :hi:

If not then check out the main UEA thread here for more discussion about all things UEA :h:

Best of luck to applicants and hope to hear how you all get on throughout the year!
Reply 2
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Not sure if there will be many people on here so if there are great! Be nice to see even more people on the student room :hi:

If not then check out the main UEA thread here for more discussion about all things UEA :h:

Best of luck to applicants and hope to hear how you all get on throughout the year!

Thanks Penguinsaysquack all your help is really appreciated :smile:
Reply 3
Yup, I'm applying here.
Reply 4
If I am to be predicted A*AAb can I still apply to this course as an insurance? Would I be offered BBB, or my predicted grades?
Reply 5
Original post by The_Writer
If I am to be predicted A*AAb can I still apply to this course as an insurance? Would I be offered BBB, or my predicted grades?

You'll be questioned as to why you picked this and not their 5 year course. But hey if you want to risk it go ahead.
Reply 6

They wouldn't consider you. You'd only be able to apply to the A100 course.
Reply 7

You'd be willing to take up another person's potential offer who hasn't met the academic requirements for normal medicine, just so you have a form of 'insurance'?
Reply 8
Original post by Tzarchasm
You'd be willing to take up another person's potential offer who hasn't met the academic requirements for normal medicine, just so you have a form of 'insurance'?

No, I was only inquiring because It's highly likely that I get AAB, and my head of year wanted me to find other options if possible.
Reply 9
No, I was only inquiring because It's highly likely that I get AAB, and my head of year wanted me to find other options if possible.

I understand. However, if you're likely to only obtain AAB then why are your (if) predictions so much higher?
Reply 10
I understand. However, if you're likely to only obtain AAB then why are your (if) predictions so much higher?

I'm still unsure whether or not I can obtain the A* in biology, though my teacher believes I can do it, as I got a good A in AS. But my chemistry grade was a C at AS, and I'm being predicted an A, as that is the requirement for medicine. So I guess I just have to work my ass off this year :smile:
I'm still unsure whether or not I can obtain the A* in biology, though my teacher believes I can do it, as I got a good A in AS. But my chemistry grade was a C at AS, and I'm being predicted an A, as that is the requirement for medicine. So I guess I just have to work my ass off this year :smile:

I see. :biggrin:

My predictions were A*AA when I thought I'd only get ABB at the end of A2. Ended up with only AAB with 2 UMS away from an A* in biology and 3 UMS away from an A in chemistry so the only Universities I can apply to are foundation medical schools.
Reply 12
I see. :biggrin:

My predictions were A*AA when I thought I'd only get ABB at the end of A2. Ended up with only AAB with 2 UMS away from an A* in biology and 3 UMS away from an A in chemistry so the only Universities I can apply to are foundation medical schools.

Wow that is REALLY unlucky, did you get your papers remarked?
Wow that is REALLY unlucky, did you get your papers remarked?

Got them this morning and nothing changed. I'm a little disappointed at the moment as I had sooooooo much riding on this remark. :cry2:
Reply 14
Got them this morning and nothing changed. I'm a little disappointed at the moment as I had sooooooo much riding on this remark. :cry2:

Wow, goodluck with your application, hope you get into the foundation year unis :smile:
Reply 15
I'll be applying here :smile:
This is my 4th choice :smile:

If my predictions are AAA, will they still consider me since their offer is BBB :s-smilie:
Reply 17
does this course accept students retaking one A-level as i got BBC due to extenuating circumstances when I was predicted AAA.
Reply 18
Original post by cobra2k10
does this course accept students retaking one A-level as i got BBC due to extenuating circumstances when I was predicted AAA.

The policy now for the A104 course is not to accept resits. I don't know whether they'd allow it with extenuating circumstances, the best thing to do would be to email them and ask.
Reply 19
Do they accept AS resits? I did AS subjects last year, and although I didn't fail anything, due to housing situations and other things, I didn't get close to the grades I would have liked, so ended up retaking the entire year, with a change of subjects. Does this ruin my chances at getting on a Medicine course entirely?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending